What's new

Need help with this gun I found.

searcherman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Fisher F75 LTD Black
This gun barrel is about 6"inches . I think it is a boot pistol with a percussion cap detonator. It was in the ground for a while. Also does and body know how old. Thinks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00175.webp
    DSC00175.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC00176.webp
    DSC00176.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC00177.webp
    DSC00177.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC00178.webp
    DSC00178.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC00179.webp
    DSC00179.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00180.webp
    DSC00180.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 323
That what it looks like to me?I tried to post a pic and couldnt.Google search BOOTPISTOL PICTURE
 
Upvote 0
Wow, it could be from so many different manufacturers you may never know which one for sure. Percussion Boot pistol sounds right. Probably produced in the 1840's-1860's.

Very cool find. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom