What's new

Need help with this tag.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found in Central Pa on an old farm where a grist mill once was. This area is also know for lime kilns and pig iron furnaces. Just curious to find out what the letters stand for. Maybe a miners tag? A little larger than a half dollar, copper or brass with number 41 on it and the letters, P.L. Co. L M Any ideas would be appreciated. The back of it is blank. Thank you. IMG_0001 (1).webp
 
Could be a tool tag as well. I have found those before and people always ID'd it as tool or equipment tag. Nice find ;) I am from Central PA to and PA was a HUGE mining state.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pennsylvania land company land management ?
 
Upvote 0
Possibly an insurance company tag. Pennsylvania Lumbermens - Lumbermens Mutual?
 
Upvote 0
I'd say tool tag? Down here the field workers had pickers tags. Did miners have anything like that?
 
Upvote 0
Could be a tool tag as well. I have found those before and people always ID'd it as tool or equipment tag. Nice find ;) I am from Central PA to and PA was a HUGE mining state.

I have found others that I would bet are tool tags or miners tags but the letters are a mystery to me.
 
Upvote 0
I'd say tool tag? Down here the field workers had pickers tags. Did miners have anything like that?

They did have tags with their assigned number to post on a board when they went in the mine. That was how it was known if they were still in the mine.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom