Need interpretation please

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Logic, prayer, hope, and instinct
I am desperately searching for some help with these. I have Blazes on some OLD pines in the SW (details to those I know to trust). From these pics you can tell the age as the bark has over-grown some of them. Also, check out the blue-green snakes head. This thing did not fit ANY rocks in the area. Is it pointing? General warning?

I have more pics, but need to find out what the "A" in particular means as well as any of the others.

I am really new to this stuff and have been reading in every spare minute of my time on this forum. You folks are very knowledgeable and respect all input and suggestions.

I am following up on my father's research who will not likely be able to return to this area for a while and I need to be prepared with more information.

Thanks, Seeker

Attachments

• A blaze with spot.jpg
    A blaze with spot.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,083
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,042
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,034
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,033
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,036
  • DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,032
  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,030

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Seeker,
Is it possible to put something in the picture to give relative size to the sign and to the tree as well.
I am really sorry to be a pain but from the picture the A could be on a 6 inch tree. (I know it isn't)
but you see what I mean.
The large blazes are exciting, how big are the actual signs.
They look like church type crosses.

The A if it is as old as the rest is probably the beginning of the trail.
Great stuff, I hope to see more.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
oforo, i like the snake head! especially the color. look right under his chin and you will see a shadow sign of a man, kind of short shadow but he is there looking in same direction as head. also the small 2 rocks at the left has a small opening and might be another shadow sign at the right time of day. i am new at this too but sure do love it. :thumbsup:= tenclaw=

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Wow, you folks are GREAT!

I am well aware that I need not offer any information as to the location site. I NEVER will ;D This site is so remote that most people won't take the time or energy to follow up on it.

The pics are by no means in order....any order. They were given to me by my father to research and ask you folks for help.

I have pics of the smelting pit and the logs that were cut for the smelter as well. I also have more pics of blazes, bet will likely only pm them to certain individuals.

Mt father was unaware of the rock/monument stuff when he went to the site and I believe that with what I am learning here will be of great help and importance on the excursion.

Now for the pics that you see in my first post:

1. The "A" is about the size of your fist, tree=16-20 inches in diameter, blaze=eye level

2. This cross is about 4ft tall, top of tree has been down for quite some time (pulverized on ground below)

3. About three feet tall, can you picture the age of these trees now?

4. There is more to this tree. I have a pic of blazes that are carved in a spiral around the trunk.

5. Self, explanatory, I think?

6. What is it? 16-18in diameter tree.

Clay, Old Dog, and 10claw:

Thanks so much for you input! Will try to get some more good ones up here for reference. Also if you see anything else in the pics, please, please let me know.

Much appreciation,

Seeker

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
seekeroforo,
How ironic, in photo number four you have a double "4", the "4" meaning that this is a John site, a treasure accumulation. In fact, you are given this "4" twice, which means that you may very well have two treasure rooms.
The "8" over the "14" is actually telling you that that particular trail leads to two sites, possibly contained with the same tunnel system. The "8" is actually seperated from the "4" with a "Y." This "Y" means "also", which means that "there is a mine here, BUT ALSO a treasure room."
The second "4" may or may not be giving direction to the second treasure room, this site is ONLY a treasure room.
Your photo of the snake head is awesome!! Fortunately for you, this IS NOT a snake head....it is a duck head. Knowing that the duck is a symbol for a John site, this duck head should have been obvious to everyone, at least to those that have enough experience. You DO have a great set of symbols (in photo 4). These symbols lead to, in my opinion, at least three sites, two of which are within the same tunnel system.
Like i said, how ironic. The "4" is the number for a John site. In photo number "4" you have what you need to locate two treasure rooms (two 4's). I call that a damn good start!!!
This is a very fragile web site. Be careful what you absorb for knowledge.

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Stilldign,

Amazing!

The tree in photo #4 has some grafitti on it. A hispanic name (not sure if I have a pic of it) Any chance that the name is associated with the date 8/14 1941? My father said that the year 1948 was on it. I don't see 1948, just 1941.

Or, do you see what looks more like "authentic" blazing?

Thank you so much-everyone to that extent!

Humbily,

Seeker

P.S. I have been made aware of the higher profile naysayers here and have ignored them already. Three that were mentioned on a TH 101 thread anyways. One reason that there are not any "surrounding" pictures is for the safe-keeping of information. Though this place is way off the beaten path, I don't need antone recognizing anything. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
I kinda had the same feeling on that. Not deep enough or scarred.....

Thanks for the input!

I'm man, I can change, if I have to, I guess" Red Green

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Seekeroforo,

Indeed you have a Treasure and mine site right there close by I have see these before and it is Spanish.

Minetres

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
Your sixth photo is an owl symbol. I would supsect that you are close to one of your treasure rooms.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
oforo,in picture #7== the top carving looks like a mouth. i have that same carving here on an old magnolia, along with about a dozen other signs. a fire there ruined a lot of good information. i happened to be working near a man whose grandmother was a cherokee indian. he had told me some things she told him, so i presennted the pic to her thru him and she said it was a mouth and to go the way of the lower corner. sorry i can't prove it, but thats what i was told does it line up with other signs? when you go back take a notebook, compass and gps and log it all down to see how it will tally out with the map. you will be surprised at what you can see then. above all, enjoy it and think how far you can carry 30 lbs. thru the woods. i had to carry a cannon ball a long ways once. lots of fun=== tenclaw===

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Is the size of the crosses significant at this point or are they just early-on trail markers?

Has anyone ever heard of "rogue" Jesuits or spanish miners? Any chance these rogues have their own use for markers and monuments?

Just fishing for some more info. What do you great folks think?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Seeker, I think in any money making enterprise there will likely be skimmers..working out side the boundaries..getting a little for themselves. I believe this has been true through out history..

I know so very little about tree markings. In general I get the sense that signs get smaller the closer you get to something. Not sure if that applies to tree markers.

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
I have seen much information about the signs becoming more obscure the closer you get. I know that it's a long shot, but am just trying to get an idea for a scale on how much smaller or larger they get from one to the next. Again, I know it will vary at each site and trail but I figured that someone would have some info based on their previous experiences.

Thank you for your time DM! :headbang:

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
I was looking at this picture today for further information.

Is it me or does the strata below it look out of place? Meaning caliche or some type of human created conglomerate? For some reason it looks cemented together or something.

Attachments

• DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,602

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.
3rd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.

5th picture: Looks like a piece of copper ore that's been smoothed in a river ot stream.

I'm going fishing. Wish me luck.

Sounds to me like it is time to hit the library.
=====================
Thanks Thom!

S

Smee

Some sign . . . and what looks like a medicine tree or two.

Which Indian Nation resided in that area?

Remember that higher elevations the trees live longer and grow slower.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Seeker,
Stilldign wrote that the "4"s show that this is a "John" site. Well, in the first photo, there is a profile of a bearded man with a large nose, looking to the right. The same direcation as the pointer on the top of the "A". What does a "big nose" have to do with this? They have been called Roman Noses, but Middle Eastern folks (as in the Apostle John) also have big noses.

A blaze with spot.jpg

I made a negative of your last pic and there seems to be a large number "1" in the design. Perhaps that means the first cache of the site is in the direction of the pointer carved just above it.

DSC00080-1.jpg

OP
OP
seekeroforo

seekeroforo

Jan 21, 2010
Over the rainbow
Detector(s) used
Blind.In.Texas said:
2nd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.
3rd picture: Buried at or in the vicinity of an active mission.

5th picture: Looks like a piece of copper ore that's been smoothed in a river ot stream.

I'm going fishing. Wish me luck.

Sounds to me like it is time to hit the library.
=====================
Thanks Thom!

BIT,

The greenish rock is not the one in question. I still don't know if it needs to be follwed (pointing) though or if it is "sitting" on something. My question above was in relation to the stuff underneath it. I don't have any working experience with caliche and am wondering if this could be some.

Good luck with the fishing (bass?) let us know how it turns out.

Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread