Need some help in the Sissonville and Charleston area

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of old ground to cover, need some people to cover some area and find some good stuff. I maybe detecting at a very old school site tomorrow, it's very likely to have silver since I found a 1928 wheat penny there. I haven't detected all of the ground and I have another place to get permission from across the way. This church plus old school is near Sissonville WV, I have word from the owner that I can dig as much as I want. Hope someone can come help and have fun. Send me a message and I'll tell you where I'm going next.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's awesome its snowing now haha don't know when i'll be able to hunt again with this weather.

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaving to go to the beach anyhow. Maybe when I get back I could detect.

DigDug361

Jan 14, 2013
Hey most of my family is from sissonville. I live in cottageville. I've hunted around the old S-ville Jr high but didn't get a chance to hit the ball field before the demo crew fenced it in. I've been looking for somebody to hunt with in the area.

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigDug1- I hunted the soccer field after asking permission from the principle. I cant remember his name. But I detected around till I figured out they didn't fence off the middle section and you could access the baseball field. I went to the baseball field and detected around, with so much trash and me digging everything I just left and decided to come back and do some graphing in the summer. I'm getting sick right now with a cold and I was planning on going to my Grandparents this weekend and go hunting with my uncle who has a civil war mansion to hunt at, that was used in the late 1840's also. I've been detecting the high school a bit and have been finding a lot of rings and coins, not very old but it's money. I go to Sissonville High school. If you want to hit a old house I've been checking on up the road, I'll let you know when I'll be back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread