What's new

Need somewhere to hunt in Montana

rzlincoln

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I'm planning a trip to the Montana/Wyoming area soon, and would like to include some treasure hunting. Can anyone recommend a good gem mine, or a place I could detect for nuggets? I have several weeks to travel, and no particular destination.
 
Upvote 0
Little Belt Mountains outside of Great Falls. Hike to top (get ready - I lost 13 pounds on this hike) and see glacier runoffs. Been meaning to get back there, but you might as well go for it ;D
 
Thanks.

I expect to be near that area, and may give it a try.

I'll let you know if I get there, and how I do.
 
Well depending on where you are going.... Madison County is a good place. There is Virginia City, Nevada City, and the alder creek/gulch is suppose to be rich in gold. The Helena area is also suppose to be rich in gold, Confederate Gulch area. Also, if you are interested Philipsburg is rich in gems, there is http://goldwest.visitmt.com/listings/13329.htm this mine, and also in Helena there is the Spokane bar sapphire mine, http://www.sapphiremine.com/vacation.htm, and it has been recomended to me. Other wise.... there are alot of different places to go.... Hope you have fun! Montana is a great place!

montanatravel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom