Erik in NJ Silver Member Joined Oct 4, 2010 Messages 4,065 Reaction score 3,043 Golden Thread 1 Location The Garden State 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 6, 2010 #1 Found this partial spoon today...back mark says "Madison Silver Plate".....any ideas on age? Thanks. Attachments Madison Silver Plate (front).webp 37.4 KB · Views: 181 Madison Silver Plate (back).webp 44.9 KB · Views: 179
RJH02 Sr. Member Joined Dec 30, 2007 Messages 438 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Location Virginia Detector(s) used Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Nov 6, 2010 #2 I find them here just like that, I haven't done any research on them but I assume that it is a Madison, Va company, about 30 miles North of me. I could be wrong too. Upvote 0
I find them here just like that, I haven't done any research on them but I assume that it is a Madison, Va company, about 30 miles North of me. I could be wrong too.
Bramblefind Silver Member Joined Nov 26, 2009 Messages 2,966 Reaction score 4,024 Golden Thread 0 Location New York Detector(s) used T2/F75 SE Nov 7, 2010 #3 I think it might have been produced by Oneida. Here is an ebay listing for what appears to be a 1930 piece- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160204255766#vi-content and another listing for ice tea spoons http://www.ecrater.com/p/247251/madison-1930-silverplate-ice-tea-spoons As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Upvote 0
I think it might have been produced by Oneida. Here is an ebay listing for what appears to be a 1930 piece- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160204255766#vi-content and another listing for ice tea spoons http://www.ecrater.com/p/247251/madison-1930-silverplate-ice-tea-spoons
Erik in NJ Silver Member Joined Oct 4, 2010 Messages 4,065 Reaction score 3,043 Golden Thread 1 Location The Garden State 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 7, 2010 Thread Owner #4 Thanks RJH02. Thanks BF, spot on as usual! Green checked! Upvote 0