What's new

Need suggestions on NC point

bmartin0693

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
280
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This point is from western NC. I sent a buddy of mine these pics and he called it a creek piece. I'm really not sure what he meant by that. It's made of green rhyolite. Can someone give me some suggestions on what should classify and date this piece as. I have posted this on another arrowhead forum to see if I get a mixture of opinions.
 

Attachments

  • 0425122346b.webp
    0425122346b.webp
    102.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 0425122346a.webp
    0425122346a.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Savanna River type. Middle - late Archaic, as far as I can tell. A very nice one at that.
 
Nice find. I would call it a textbook example of a Savannah river. 5000-2000 B.P, usually made from Rhyolite or Quartzite. Thanks for the view.
 
Very good! I will gladly use that info. This piece has a sharp tip, I think it would stab something like it is. Thank yall for the help!
 
Thanks prob one of the best looking and well formed arrowheads I've seen in a long time.. father has his own collection and even as a child I wasn't allowed to go near it..
 
Yeah this piece I'm about to put in my display, but I need a lil more info on it before I do. I have some assorted size display frames I put my points in. I'm goin to have to put this one in a larger frame.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom