What's new

Need YOUR Help figuring out what I found

sodapoptop

Jr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
91
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I am in the process of hunting a Military site on Private Property. It was an Army Fort from around 1880-1890.
This Case measures just over 2 inches in diameter (2-1/16") and is made of copper or brass?. Whatever it housed is all rusted.... I was thinking that it was a case to hold a Tin-Type photograph? If anyone has ever run across anything similar or if you have any idea.... I could use your input. Is it missing another half of the case? Too many questions and not enough answers.

Please Help.

Thank You and Happy Hunting.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1553.webp
    IMG_1553.webp
    75 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1554.webp
    IMG_1554.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1555.webp
    IMG_1555.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1556.webp
    IMG_1556.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 325
It looks like a harness rosette
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
It looks like a harness rosette

yeap, or horse boss as we call them. Or horse furniture.
 
Upvote 0
You guys told me in 10 minutes what I have been trying to figure out for 2 days!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :hello2: THANK YOU!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom