Mar 21, 2020
Parke county Indians
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I will give the same advice I gave you on another forum. Find a mining consultant.

Time for more coffee.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I am puzzled when you use the term “ore refinery.” Refining typically takes a mixture of mostly gold and other precious metals and removes impurities such as lead, zinc and copper to leave nearly pure precious metals. You have a great deal of work ahead of you to get to that point. If your assay is consistent throughout the 266,000 tons, you will need to sent up a wash plant and need equipment to move the ore to the plant. Once you have processed all the paydirt and recovered the raw gold from your wash plant, I would suggest a good refiner such as Midwest Refinery in Michigan. Last I knew they were paying around 95% of spot for raw gold. Good luck!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He doesn't want a refinery, he needs to find a processing plant that can take his raw ore. The problem with that though is that there aren't many in service. You need to find a working mine that accepts ore to process from smaller miners. It needs to be close to you or your profit will be gone. You need to look in your area and ask around yourself or build your own processing plant for your ore. We had a mill at one time and processed high grade ore from many different mines in the area including trying to run our own ore. After running it for a number of years, with the wear and tear on equipment from running all of the ore in the area, the profit margin just wasn't enough to make it worth while for us because some of the mines high grade was pretty bad. But it made it thru the great depression and kept a lot of people's jobs open at the many different mines. So we closed it down to the public and went back to just running the true high grade from our own mines until everything was shut down in ww2 for a few years, then reopened after. Setting up your own system doesn't have to break the bank if you can buy the equipment used from a mine that has already closed, where the equipment is just sitting there doing nothing. Look in the icmj...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/51084-albums4107-picture1093151.html

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mean a ton of rock has a fifth of an ounce?
Too much trouble

OP
OP
B

Baalsguestjar

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2020
Parke county Indians
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep not wanting to process the ore myself easy to get at but needs crushed and leached. They have a plant in Phoenix but would need to haul 25+ tons to make any money. I will keep looking thanks for all the responses that was 266000 tons of ore. Approx 75+ million dollars

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep not wanting to process the ore myself easy to get at but needs crushed and leached. They have a plant in Phoenix but would need to haul 25+ tons to make any money. I will keep looking thanks for all the responses that was 266000 tons of ore. Approx 75+ million dollars

Yeah, but at less than 1/4ozpt, hauling it anywhere is going to be tough on wages...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn’t get out of bed for 75m

OP
OP
B

Baalsguestjar

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2020
Parke county Indians
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Problem solved raw ore refinery in phoenix. Just got the assay back on our land in San tan valley 20 oz of silver per ton so I can bring a load to Phoenix every 3 months work the land there for a few days and then head back and so on. Thanks for the help Thomas Barsch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions