Hello to everyone! Hope you're having a good day. Concerning the use of neoprene gloves, I'd like to throw in my 2 cts. (Found them my back yard). As an ex-commercial oil-field diver I have extensive experience with these gloves, and would highly reccommend them to anyone dealing with cold weather. Agreed, they are not as tough as leather, but they're certainly a lot warmer! Most of the work I've done in the Gulf of Mexico and inland waters was strenuous manual labor, including handling pipr, steel plate, heavy wrenches, welding and cutting and etc., and, indeed, I used neoprene gloves (along with a complete suit) during the cold of winter. They are the only thing that will keep your fingers from freezing! And they're pretty tough, too, lasting a lot longer than you'd tend to think. Through the years I've eperimented with diferrent methods of making them last longer from the abuse they took doing my work. Here's one of the better ones: Are you familiar with an adhesive/sealant product called "GOOP" or "Shoe Goo"? They come in a tube and are available at just about any hardware or department store or auto parts house. The product is thick and sticky. I put the gloves on and run a thick bead from finger tip to the base of my palm and rub my hands together, covering every inch of my palm and the bottom side of my fingers. I remove the gloves and set them up, palm up, and allow them to dry a couple of days. Works like a charm! Try it out!