Never Give up a Target

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Well... I was coming back from my fishing area: I stop by an area south of Marineland.
There where 3 people detecting on the beach.. One, out of three was digging for awhile, he kept
digging at least 5 mins. I went over to see if he found anything. He said, he lost the target. I told to
keep digging.. Well.. he walk away from his hole. . 20 mins later the other person came up on his hole. He detected there for about a min. He had something in his hands, it was a 1560 French silver coin.

The point of this story: NEVER Give up a Target!!!!! always Keep digging until you find it!!!

Good luck to all.

Sapper

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Doh!

Good advice Sapper. I have had that happen to me a few times underwater, when I ran out of air before verifying a target. It would keep me up at night, wondering what I missed in the hole.

I now keep some small bouy markers in my BC pocket to mark the spot, until I can return with a fresh tank of air.

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
ahoy mates!

shiver me timbers!

ahoy matey sappar ye been doin alot of diggin- ye doin gooooood! :-X

that olde freanch reale is gooda traesure! me needa find me som fishin location to... ;)

follow tha code mateys and do tha risearchh!

V

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that coin was from the group of French Huguenot shipwreck survivors that were slaughtered by the Spanish just north of there at Matanzas Inlet. That would be a real piece of history!

Don't cry for the French they were on their way to slaughter the Spanish when they were shipwrecked by a storm and were caught by the Spanish when they on their way back to their fort in N.FL by foot.

TE

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
shiver me timbers fellas!

me wes at tha beeeeaaach yestardey witha exp2 detactor and gotta big signel. tha booty wes deeeep. Fourateen inchess this olde fella founda a big spanesh riale. Tha cobb has soma numbars and lettrs. Lika 8, m, 697.

sappar wes righty! digg deeep to feind yer targats!

ahoy mateys!
:icon_pirat:

V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread