never leave a stone unturned

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
Well I know you can't dig in a national forest-seems like every Forest ranger thinks is their duty to arrest people!Hey its my forest to!Hearing all the storys of having your metal detector taken away
I phoned the national forest HQ and he said with his normal atttitude
you can use your metal detector all you want, but you just can't dig!
not even an inch!Ok at least I can mark my spots.Checking out the local swimming holes and got some great hits and one had a rock over it(guess you can turn over a rock without digging)Blam! a set of
car keys and lots of coins! (sorry still have'nt lerned how to download pictures yet)

M

MiniMe

They're legal....Ya didn't dig...LOL :D, great find and hope to see some pictures soon.

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Konnan:

Detect but don't dig is irritating to the extreme. If we are talking valuable archeological artifacts or a native American buriel site, nobody should be tearing up terra firma. But, anything else ought to be fair game - just respect the land, its history, and the rights of others to enjoy it without looking like a moonscape.

Starsplitter

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
What can be done about a situation like this How can they just come up to you and take your detector
the attitude of these guys really get my blood boilling its like they are God and rule over all
the thing is if you do get in a predicament like this you are best to do has you are told they do carry guns
there should be some kind of law to protect the citizen

I could see if you where tearing up the place or like Starsplitter said If we are talking valuable archaeological artifacts or a native American burial site

Well its just a bit of a sore spot with me and the attitude

Marjo

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
Newbie here... sorry If I screw it up. Still in my first 10 hours of "playing" with my MD. I'm told that it takes about a hundred hours before you can begin to understand the nuances of a machine. One of the things I have been doing, is to go do places where I can test the machine, not have to dig. Playgrounds with mulch, forests with LOTS of overgrowth, sandy shores of local lakes, etc. Right now I'm just getting the feel for the machine, reading/listening to it's responses, and having fun. I don't trust myself digging on other peoples property yet, and the ground here has been a bit wet to learn properly on my own :-)
So while I am not digging yet, I'm trying not to leave any stone (or mulch or leaves) unturned

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread