Jay Banta

Apr 17, 2018
Biloxi, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A8E9BAEC-93F4-4CC3-9AB0-615F4020FDE5.jpeg

I hope the photo comes out good. I’ve dug lots of handles but none with this. The handle is brass and has a flag with a star and something in a banner underneath the flag. I dug this at an encampment site I have been working. There is cross century contamination, so I would not be surprised to hear it is from the early 1900s. I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance. Also, chalk was used to enhance the flag and star. Hope it comes ok.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1607607

I hope the photo comes out good. I’ve dug lots of handles but none with this. The handle is brass and has a flag with a star and something in a banner underneath the flag. I dug this at an encampment site I have been working. There is cross century contamination, so I would not be surprised to hear it is from the early 1900s. I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance. Also, chalk was used to enhance the flag and star. Hope it comes ok.

Spoon handle would be my guess. Probably a collectable spoon one would buy while traveling or part of a themed set. Lots of collectable spoons were made in the 1900s as well, could be from 1800's. hard to say most likely silver filled at one point by looking at the patina.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread