What's new

Never Trust the Weather in PA

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,866
Reaction score
76,321
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Press and daily Dakotaian. (Yankton, Dakota Territory [S.D.]), 06 May 1882.
000.webp
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=166




Daily globe.
(St. Paul, Minn.), 07 May 1882.
000aaa.webp
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=166
 
See, They even had Global Warming back then.
 
May have been 1882, Or there Abouts, PA Went though a Whole Year without Summer
 
Last year may have been the exception to that idea .Most of PA had a record amount of rainfall during the year .If the day of the week ended in ---day in 2018 you could trust it would rain. Many of my digging/detecting days where postponed due to rain and mud .Come spring and sunny days
 
Hi Jeff, yes all of this and all of that, but that was yesterdays ago. Today I live in Wilkes Barre and I have already planted red onions, yellow onions, nantes carrots and watermelon radishes,
My exotic Tulips(125) are up and my hyacinths and daffodils will follow shortly. Will I be too early? Time will tell and if I am what do I lose a few seeds and replant later.
If I am right a month longer growing season. Here's hoping for sunshine.....Joe McDonough
 
Couple days ago in Cocoa.


 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom