New Black Tesoro Vaquero

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't help myself, so I ordered one from Rusty. It's sooooo pretty and works great with the new DD coil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm heading out to a high school football game tonight and I don't have time to tell you what I just found out.

Here are some pictures.

tabman

Black%20Vaquero%20011_zps7ksixz5w.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20009_zpsblkr4b8k.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20008_zpslqzsnmnb.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20006_zpslb7giwbd.jpg

Black%20Vaquero%20003_zpsqbtieuwf.jpg

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks way cool Tabman. how do you like that new coil. have been thinking about picking one up. if it works as good as it looks, your going to be diggin a lot of silver.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks way cool Tabman. how do you like that new coil. have been thinking about picking one up. if it works as good as it looks, your going to be diggin a lot of silver.

Thanks. Rusty Henry convinced me to purchase a 5.75 inch concentric search coil awhile back, because he said it was a really good search coil and would pay for itself in no time at all. It did exactly that! Rusty's latest advice to me was to get the new RSD 8 x 11 wide-scan search coil. His advice is always great.

What I really like best about the new RSD 8 x 11 inch wide-scan coil is its light weight and being able to cover lots of ground with each sweep. It's the same weight as the 8 x 9 inch concentric coil, so now I can easily cover those large open areas without wearing my arm out. Detecting is suppose to be fun, not painful.

After doing some testing with the new search coil I found it to be just as deep or maybe a tad deeper than the 8 x 9 inch concentric search coil in my mild soil. I'm guessing that the new search coil will perform even better for those users who detect in soil with a high mineral content since wide-scan search coils normally do better in that type soil.

The buyer now has the choice of purchasing a new Vaquero, Cibola and Tejon with the 8 x 9 inch concentric search coil or with the new RSD 8 x 11 inch wide-scan search coil for only a few dollars more.

I'm not sure how long the special is going to last on being able to get the Vaquero, Cibola and Tejon in black. Only certain dealers were able to get them and it's my understanding that they are limited in number. The most important thing is that I got mine! LOL

I'm going to try to do a video today or tomorrow to show something that totally amazed me about the new RSD 8 x 11 inch search coil.

tabman

Last edited:

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was looking around for the black v ,did not see it with any of the supporting vendors. where did you get yours, also looking forward to your video. thanks tabman...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how the Nell Sharpshooter coil runs on a Vaquero

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was looking around for the black v ,did not see it with any of the supporting vendors. where did you get yours, also looking forward to your video. thanks tabman...

Rusty Henry. Most people only know him as Tesoro's Service Manager, but he also owns and operates a Tesoro Dealership on the side.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder how the Nell Sharpshooter coil runs on a Vaquero

The NEL Sharpshooter Coil kicks butt on my Vaquero, Tejon and modded Cibola.:icon_thumright:

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both Vaquero detectors were set up the same, but using different search coils. The discrimination was set to where a iron nail just barely discriminated out. In this test Tesoro's new RSD 8 x 11 inch wide-scan search coil handles the flat iron better than the 9 x 8 inch concentric search coil does. I don't know why, but it does.:icon_scratch:

BTW, I like to add a bright piece of duct tape to my search coils for a concentration point. It makes pinpointing easier.

tabman

Pinpointing is a breeze with Tesoro's new RSD 8 x 11 inch wide-scan search coil. It's lightening fast, it gets really good depth and separates well. It's lightweight! It weighs the same as the 8 x 9 inch concentric coil.

Last edited:

JT_hunter

Oct 28, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 di Pro - Fisher CZ5 - Garrett AT pro - Whites M6 - Garrett Sea Hunter MK ll - Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that's sharp lookin. I'm on the market for this set up, Vaquero with the 11x8 RSD. Is the price the same as the regular Vaquero? And does Rusty offer free shipping? if so I'll take one ASAP. The black is really neat. $446.25 + free shipping I'm in.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that's sharp lookin. I'm on the market for this set up, Vaquero with the 11x8 RSD. Is the price the same as the regular Vaquero? And does Rusty offer free shipping? if so I'll take one ASAP. The black is really neat. $446.25 + free shipping I'm in.

The price is around $10 more when you order it with the new search coil. Shipping is free.

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE,
Vquack, Vquack....

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE,
Vquack, Vquack....

Thanks. For years everyone here in the USA wanted black Tesoro detectors, but couldn't have them because of an agreement with the overseas distributors.

My understanding is that the agreement expired or they're not going to hold Tesoro to the agreement any longer. At any rate, I'm a happy camper.:icon_thumright:

tabman

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
they made some changes to the Tejon with switched and triggers. What were they ?

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I find it amazing how the 8x11 can reject iron better than stock coil!
How does it do on say a big washer that is moist and buried? Or even bottlecaps?
If it can discriminate those better than the concentric, I might just have to get me one.
Nice video.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big, wet, rusty washer I'll dig with even a CTX. No way around physics no matter what coil you put on ANY machine.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find it amazing how the 8x11 can reject iron better than stock coil!
How does it do on say a big washer that is moist and buried? Or even bottlecaps?
If it can discriminate those better than the concentric, I might just have to get me one.
Nice video.

Tesoro detectors love round metal targets especially the ones with holes in them. That's a good thing in most cases.

All DD (wide-scan) search coils that I've used have a problem discriminating out pry caps. I can usually tell that it's a pry cap by the way the audio tone is sharp at the beginning and end. The concentric coils work a little better.

tabman

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a sweet looking Vaquero! I wanted to order one of those RSD DD coils and put it on a minty Bandido II uMax that I just picked up!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thats the new detector we have been waiting for? Instead of making new color choices, why doesn't Tesoro put that effort into releasing the Cazador? Or at least a pink Vaquero for the ladies, and maybe a neon green one for fighting zombies we encounter during detecting? Lol.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'm going to put yellow spark plug wires and paint the bumpers a different color on my jeep. it will brand new then with 50 more horse power. boy, i'm all excited! haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread