New Brown rolls taking over?

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
So I have many pick up branches. The ones that carries the White String & sons rolls get their boxes from Loomis and the ones who carry clear plastic rolls get theirs from Brinks. Last month I didnt do much CRH but I started back up last week and noticed that almost all of my pickup banks that carried either String or plastic rolls now carry these new "Brown" rolls. In fact, only one of my banks still carry String rolls. Anyways Ive done about 6 boxes so far with these new Brown rolls and so far only one of them has yielded a single 1964 dime. All the rest of my silver is coming from the single branch that still carries the String rolls. Has anyone else come across these new brown rolls and do you find yourself finding less silver now? Also I don't know who the banks are getting these new brown rolls from? If this continues it may hurt my CRH hobby since I may not pull enough silver to make up for the gas I consume driving to the banks. I have a hard time as it is finding half dollars.

Upvote 0

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area, those are still Strings rolls. Just different paper, maybe a different processing facility?

OP
OP
greatwun

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I thought the same thing too but the branches with plastic also went to the brown rolls now as well. I was thinking the coins were going through a different facility since I'm finding almost no silver in them. Its uncommon for me to come across a skunk dime box.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, the brown produce a bit less than the green and white for me as well. They still come in the holed Strings boxes though.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They change the company that is supplying them coin. Happened to me about a year ago. Banks are just trying to get the better deal.
HH
enamel7

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 of my last 6 dime boxes were skunks. So yes you dont get a keeper every time you look

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread