Haven't dug the first Minnie ball.Leads me to believe the site is early war confederate.Hurricane messing up my oppurtunity to return this weekend.There's still more secrets at this site! Can't wait to get back .
Wow, those are some great buttons; especially the two with gold gilt still on them. I would be fixated on the weather radar and chomping at the bit to get back to that site! Can't wait to see what else you pull from that site.
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Those buttons are GREAT finds. I love the script "I" and I think it's pretty rare too. You also make some great, quality pictures. Good luck with your new site.
Great work, those are fantastic. The 4TH ALA INF CSA had eagles on their buttons. Found photos of those online. Keep the photos coming. Best hunting next week.