What's new

New coil.

coingairl300

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

I heard that whites came out with a new 10" DD coil. Has any one tried it out yet? And if so,is it any better than the 6x10 DD coil.

Priscilla
 
From what I've heard it my be a little deeper but it doesn't separate as good a the 6x10. 4in between coins vs 6in in a test. New 10 inch is a little heavier. Both work great in high mineral soil and in wet sand. Over all if you have a 6x10 you really arn't improving yourself very much and you might want to invest in the 4x6 dd. If you don't have a DD then it up to you weather the new coil is worth the $80 extra dollars. :thumbsup:
 
I have the 6x10 and the 10" Excell. coil. The 6x10 would be a good all round coil for your MXT. With the 10" DD Excell coil, I do get deeper with it and have no real problems with it. If you want to use a different coil other than your stock coil, IMHO, you should first go with the 6x10. It"s great with soil conditions and I feel it's more stable then the stock coil.

Sniper
 
HI

Thanks guys for your in put on the new DD 10" coil.

Priscilla
 
I use the 6X10 as my standard coil with good results. From what I've read to date, the 10"DD might give a little more depth, but not enough more to be worth switching to if you already are using the 6X10. The 6X10 definitely slips thru the trash better than the stock 9.5 which is the main reason I use it as my standard. I do switch to the 5.3 or 4x6 when hunting very trashy parks etc.
Bill
 
luvsdux said:
I use the 6X10 as my standard coil with good results. From what I've read to date, the 10"DD might give a little more depth, but not enough more to be worth switching to if you already are using the 6X10. The 6X10 definitely slips thru the trash better than the stock 9.5 which is the main reason I use it as my standard. I do switch to the 5.3 or 4x6 when hunting very trashy parks etc.
Bill

HI Bill

I believe i will go with the 6x10'' coil. I am planing on buying one for my birthday next year in feb. I hope it will help me out with this old home site i have been hunting for the past six mouths now. I have recovered two coins,(NJ collinol copper1787) , and a 1808 half cent. plus some buckles,dating back to the 1700 and some buttons as well. Priscilla
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom