Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Many here may know me from my numerous posts over the years where I've shared an incredible number of colonial artifacts that I've recovered from the historic fields of southeast Virginia. After writing a number of articles for some of the detecting magazines, many of my friends convinced me to take on the challenge of putting together a comprehensive book, not only about the finds I've made, but about my methods and strategies that contributed greatly to my success. Well, after more than 20 years in the field and many thousands of hours at the computer I've finally completed this major project. The books have been printed and delivered to my house and are now available for purchase. A more detailed description of its contents is provided below and, as you can see, it will be a valuable go-to reference for diggers and collectors of all ages, interests and experience levels. Also shown below is a photo of the front cover as well as some sample pages from the book including the Table of Contents so you can see some of the specific topics covered..

This book, entitled “DISCOVERING VIRGINIA’S COLONIAL ARTIFACTS – AComprehensive Guide to Recovery, Identification and Preservation”, is almost 400 pagesin length and packed with nearly 1000 color photos of 16th thru 18th centuryartifacts I’ve personally recovered over the last 20+ years along with manyquality post-colonial finds that randomly turn up at early sites. I alsobelieve it’s the first of its kind in this subject matter area to hit themarket. But don’t be misled by the title as this is a must-have not only forcolonial enthusiasts, but for all novice and veteran relic hunters as well asit covers a wide range of pertinent topics including research methods, how tosecure permission, reading and searching sites, finding and excavating trashpits, artifact cleaning, preservation, documentation and display, ethics, andmuch more. It basically doubles as both a “how-to” manual as well as a colonialartifact “encyclopedia” covering all major categories to help more preciselyidentify and date your finds. It also contains 40 sidebars scattered throughoutthe book that expand on various topics of interest plus a listing of “SuggestedResources” at the end of most chapters that identifies other publications,websites, technical papers, etc, for additional reading if desired. The bookalso includes 9 appendices to provide supplemental material. It’s printed in all color on high quality, glossy stock, is contained within aheavy and attractive hardcover, and weighs nearly 4 lbs.

If you're interested in obtaining a signed copy you can purchase the book directly from me by clicking on the following PayPal link:
https://www.paypal.me/ColonialArtifacts. The selling price is $59 + $5 shipping (continental US only) for a total of $64, and the book will be mailed via USPS in a sturdy cardboard mailer to better protect the contents. If you have any questions feel free to contact me by PM or through my email ([email protected]). Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• book front cover.JPG
    book front cover.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 144
  • book contents1.JPG
    book contents1.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 136
  • book contents2.JPG
    book contents2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 130
  • book sample page 79.JPG
    book sample page 79.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 152
  • book sample page 125.JPG
    book sample page 125.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 141
  • book sample page 169.JPG
    book sample page 169.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 152
  • book sample page 179.JPG
    book sample page 179.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 128
  • book sample page 346.JPG
    book sample page 346.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 132

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine got here a few days ago. It is extremely nice. Haven't read through it yet, not enough time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions