against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome....to bad you didnt get a photo at night so we could see the meat glowing in the dark...[emoji16]
Last
Workaholism....Let's intervene. You buy Wind the tickets to Hawaii and I will message him once you have them for him.Does anyone else think Wind is begging for an intervention? I haven't done that much in the last ten years.
We got a Prince sighting! Hello Prince....what do YOU do "When Doves Cry"?
Last
What is this "Happy Ending" you talk about?I sat on a bench with a dove. We started talking and he ended up crying after he heard of my travails.
That was awkward. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to do away with him because I had said too much but some young mom and her kid were staring at us.
I tried staring at her in a lascivious manner to make her leave but that seemed to please her and she came and sat down. So I ended up with a new needy buddy who sends me old memes all the time.
On the plus side it turned out she was sitting on the dove. But Miss Genius is convinced just talking to me produced a "happy ending" when it was just the dove struggling to get out from under her.
I am really tired of doves and people.
Workaholism....Let's intervene. You buy Wind the tickets to Hawaii and I will message him once you have them for him.
What is this "Happy Ending" you talk about?
Last

Lol....I just wanted the "Hillbilly" definition.[emoji16] LastI hope you are joking otherwise I feel for the woman in your life![]()
That sounds so good. But man, California crabs are so ugly! I feel bad for the poor ×××××××.
How did you seasoned that crab....cajun, butter, garlic? Did you have any side dishes?He was delicious though.
Last
How did you seasoned that crab....cajun, butter, garlic? Did you have any side dishes?
Last
Nice choice with the salt water. That sounds very good. Did you wash it down with any California Wine by chance? LolI just steamed it using seawater which maintained the natural saltiness of the meat. Once it was cooked, I pulled the meat out of the shell and then put it in a pan and very lightly sautéed it with some butter and pepper. There is a grocery store in a remote coastal city called Pescadero that is renown for their artichoke sourdough bread. We were fortunate enough to get a loaf that was literally straight out of the oven so it was nice and warm. We ate the crab with the bread. Just a very simple meal cooked on the beach.
Last
Nice choice with the salt water. That sounds very good. Did you wash it down with any California Wine by chance? Lol
Awesome area you have.
Last
As much as I enjoy my alcohol, I don’t drink wine. Can’t stand the smell of it. It’s too bad because we have some world class wineries around here that I hear are fantastic. I did hit a couple of breweries on the way home though.
There is still an open invite to anyone who wants to take a trek out here to Cali. We will have an epic time detecting the beaches and then eating some fresh seafood.
Last
Wine in general is sneaky....12.5% can sneak up quickly and catch you off guard....next thing you know you are running through the corn fields naked chasing strange lights in the sky with a flashlight.When I wss a kid we went to visit my dad's sister in California. She served wine with meals. The wine she chose was dry and we kids were allowed a little.
Cannot say I cared for the taste. For those who wish to learn the world of wine is fascinating even if you are not a wine drinker.
By the way never drink wine from a plastic cup. Plastic changes the taste. When you think about it, plastic changes the taste of most everything.
I discovered Fu-ki a few years ago. Japanese plum wine. That is fantastic stuff. About 12.00 a bottle. It will kick your butt however. I wanted to try sake and saw the Fu-ki and took a chance on a bottle.
What beach do you go to?