What's new

New detector...?

bstetter

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again, all... need advice. I'm going to pull the trigger on an AT Pro. I've been looking at the packages on Amazon, of course...found a few decent prices. My question...private party contacted me via Facebook and is offering an AT Pro and a Garrett carrot for $650 shipped. I don't know enough to know if that's a good price or not. Any advice for a really green newbie?
 
Hi again, all... need advice. I'm going to pull the trigger on an AT Pro. I've been looking at the packages on Amazon, of course...found a few decent prices. My question...private party contacted me via Facebook and is offering an AT Pro and a Garrett carrot for $650 shipped. I don't know enough to know if that's a good price or not. Any advice for a really green newbie?

Will you be hunting in the water? If not,you could get into a used Explorer 2 or Explorer SE and have something that works well in factory settings AND you could grow into it for a long time to come...and there's a million coils made for them. If you're set on the ATPro then it seems a bit high. I don't want to get in the middle of a sale though...
 
I used an AT PRO for two years. It is an excellent machine. Like all people who are new to the hobby, you are going to have to get in tune with the machine. That will take time and patience.
For the price that you were quoted, you should be able to get a brand new machine, with a Garret Carrot, a Lesche digger, and maybe a few more items from KellyCo or one of our other sponsors. At least when buying it through a dealer, you can get help if the machine is defective.
There are an abundance of Tnetters who use the Pro.
You will get plenty of help with the settings and different applications. Good luck and Happy Hunting.
 
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from New Member Introductions over to General Discussion for more exposure :..
Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.​
 
PLEASE buy from one of the dedicated metal detector dealers that sponsor a forum. I haven't checked ATP prices lately (good choice, btw), but I believe that one can be beaten. Call or email several dealers that you feel good about and see which ones have the best price (important) and who you feel best about (more importanter!). Most good dealers will offer free service after the sale with respect to advice and troubleshooting.

I always question anyone soliciting my money from out of the blue.
 
Yea, I have seen some good deals on packages on Amazon but I always buy from a Metal detector dealer and local if possible cause if I need some help with something concerning the detector the dealer I bought it from is there to help. If I buy from Amazon then I will be lucky to get a generic response. There are a few dealers on this forum that will hook you up with a great deal! Like someone said on an earlier post it helps our economy and that always has a good feeling.
 
We have some great sponsors here, and a link to them above. I've done business with big boys hobbies and Fort Bedford, both were great business, prices, and willing to work with me. Maybe want to give them each a call and see what they can do for you. Or you could also be on the lookout for a used AT pro, many of us have saved money and gotten great detectors by buying used.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom