New finds,same area

D

Darod

Nice!

Thanks for the info on the coil performance. How deep where the coins? Deeper than what your other coils would have found in that same area?

Rod

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
One was.I covered ground better.And it made alot of difference.The deeper signals rang out pretty loud.I am getting better at pinpointing, it takes extra effort but I know it will be worth it.

bigrig

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
That's good to hear. I spent about 4 hours out yesterday playing with different programs on the DFX. Found some clad & usual trash. I have a DD Loop but haven't really tried it yet. Spotz

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
hopefully i can try it alittle better this afternoon.its only supposed to be 32 degrees today but i am a diehard!will keep you posted.

bigrig

corncrasher

Jan 14, 2005
Idaho
Detector(s) used
DFX
Have you made any program changes with that coil. I messed around with the gain and sensitivity trying to get more depth but had a hard time keeping it stable. I could not get very good depth on some test coins, at least not any better than the stock coil.

S

sal1966

hmmm. question does older really mean deeper? ::) take it how u want :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO Older Dosn't always mean Deeper. I have a spot where Indians were 5 " & wheats 10 " . however in hunted out areas Deeper Means Keepers

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Deeper took on a new meaning for me this week. My inlaws moved into the second oldest home in town 3 years ago. I keep working the place just about every time I go to visit & it is a real trash heap. Lots of iron & junk. The last owner had six kids & the place is alive with match box cars & toys. I have been patiently cleaning it up one layer at a time cause I know there is really good stuff there. I have all the time in the world, ha ha. Went over there today & they had someone haul in 15 dump truck loads of top soil in the south lawn & garden area. Now it's REAL DEEP & that was an area that I had cleaned up very well. If they had told me about their plan I could have taken my tractor & Kubota excavator over & taken it all down a few inches & saved a ton of work. They are aware now, & it is a two acre farm so I have more room to work but I sure hate to think of all the bending & careful digging I have done there over the past two years all gone in one day. Spotz

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
it is wierd on the subject of depth,i have found mercs at less than 2 before and clads as deep as 6.you never know.

bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions