New From NC

Dr.Banner

Greenie
Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am deciding on pulling the trigger on metal detecting to be a new hobby to help with my rehabilitation and excerise. I need to walk more, an figured this may motivate me.

I have always been interested in archaeology and treasure hunting since a child. Being in NC of course Blackbeard's treasure has always been a fascinating topic. And I spent many days searching the ground for arrow heads and shiny rocks. So this would be a natural evolution for me.

Right now I'm trying to decide what inexpensive detector to purchase so it gives me a "cheap" trial. If it's for me, I would definitely be interested in buying a much better unit. I will be creating a post later in my possible choices, so feel free to find it and reply!!!

Anyways I hope I learn alot from the members here, and hope I can apply that knowledge to myself and maybe help others in the future.

Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Welcome from Texas.

Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

The best all around no programming easy to use is the at pro if you don't like the hobby it would be easy to sell it tells you coin denomination depth its water proof durable and fun. I would not start with a really cheap detector it might turn you off from the hobby before you give it a chance.

Welcome also from MI Tommy

tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum:North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Welcome to Tnet.

Welcome from the Baystate!!!!!

Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Welcome from another NC New Guy...Over in the mountains. I started doing research on finding one a few months back and went with the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro.
Seems to be a great deal on a starter with higher functions as you learn.... now if I can learn them LOL

Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14:
:headbang:

Welcome to the site from a former TarHeel that lives in middle Georgia. Look over in the "Brands" section of the Metal Detecting forum to check on any machine that you're interested in. You'll find lots of comments, questions and more there on most of the fairly recent machines available. I scoured Craigslist and found quite a few machines for decent prices. I bought a Tesoro Mojave that's almost new for a couple of hundred bucks and got an extra coil that will give me additional capabilities. Tesoro machines can be referred to as "beep and dig" types, since they only have one tone, so to speak. No fancy bells and whistles, just rugged trouble free detectors. I do have an Equinox 800, the latest tech whiz-bang machine that I will be learning as well but it cost 4 times as much, so there's that as to machines and their cost. The "Nox 800" as it's referred to already has a huge following, but initially you don't need to spend that much. You will also need a dependable pinpointer to help find your prize once you start to dig. They can cost from $40 - $150 and something to dig with. So do some research so you invest wisely. As for exercise, there will be walking, kneeling looking around and general stress reducing efforts to your outings. Youtube has many videos from folks here on the site that show you what kinds of things to expect and tips tricks and comparisons of differing manufacturers. Great to have you here and hope you find the sport relaxing and enlightening!

:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

Thanks for all the welcoming folks!!!

I ended up getting a minelab go-find 66. I know it's not the greatest detector, but the light weight and the "tech" features turned me on to it.

I use a cane sometimes to walk with, so I needed something super light, and easily manageable, in regards to setting up and carrying with me. This seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I hope that this will help me and later on when or if I get more independent in walking, etc. I can move to a better detector, and not care about portability and mobility.

I also couldn't pass up snatching a new one up for 120 bucks either.��

You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back