New garden shots

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s a few shots of the garden growth.

The peaches are coming along.
15777DA5-4A9B-4B49-8564-C2C0DB8243D5.jpeg

The collard greens on the left are bolting, the elephant garlic at their base are tipping over, brussel spouts are along the far fence with some late tomato plants just this side of them, squash and cucumbers in the middle to the left of the center fence and green beans to the right of fence. In the foreground are carrots, onions and regular garlic. A few volunteer flowers.
The other side of the garden is mostly herbs, flowers, a couple lemon trees and random leftover starts I threw in the ground.
91AEB818-A48A-4AEA-A140-F83B29285C5D.jpeg

Here is a shot of the greenhouse. Various tomatoes with a few pepper plants at their base and cucumbers at the far end. More tomatoes and peppers on the left side of the greenhous.
860E890C-42FD-485C-8DD6-DB5394FD01A6.jpeg

Thanks for looking, my garden is my relaxation. I get a lot of enjoyment from it as well as some fine food. We’ve harvested cauliflower, broccolI and onions, strawberries, collard greens, brussel sprouts and dried a variety of herbs.
Mike

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking crop. I didn't get the first peach or lemon this year thanks to a very late hard freeze. Maybe next year.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 2035715

The collard greens on the left are bolting, the elephant garlic at their base are tipping over, brussel spouts are along the far fence with some late tomato plants just this side of them, squash and cucumbers in the middle to the left of the center fence and green beans to the right of fence. In the foreground are carrots, onions and regular garlic. A few volunteer flowers.
The other side of the garden is mostly herbs, flowers, a couple lemon trees and random leftover starts I threw in the ground.
View attachment 2035716

Here is a shot of the greenhouse. Various tomatoes with a few pepper plants at their base and cucumbers at the far end. More tomatoes and peppers on the left side of the greenhous.
View attachment 2035717

Thanks for looking, my garden is my relaxation. I get a lot of enjoyment from it as well as some fine food. We’ve harvested cauliflower, broccolI and onions, strawberries, collard greens, brussel sprouts and dried a variety of herbs.
Mike
Mike,
Your yard and garden is looking real good.
--Jim

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike.
Very nice your garden is doing great

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2035715

View attachment 2035716

View attachment 2035717

Mike
I don’t see a honey bee hive? Another way to get some satisfaction working in the garden. I thought I was going to see 10’ tall marijuana plants when I clicked on this thread!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2035715

View attachment 2035716

View attachment 2035717

Mike
Mike ..you designed your garden very well.
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tesorodearo, ha ha, yes a little marijuana would fit right in. Quite the operations growing that crop a short distance from my place in the Illinois Valley of southern Oregon.

As for a bees I’ve been thinking of starting a hive, primarily for pollination. There’s an awful lack of bees, of all kinds, in this area for many years. I understand a virus has decimated the bees numbers all over. I actually do quite a bit of hand pollination with a small artists paint brush. Tedious and time consuming, but pretty effective.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tesorodearo, ha ha, yes a little marijuana would fit right in. Quite the operations growing that crop a short distance from my place in the Illinois Valley of southern Oregon.

As for a bees I’ve been thinking of starting a hive, primarily for pollination. There’s an awful lack of bees, of all kinds, in this area for many years. I understand a virus has decimated the bees numbers all over. I actually do quite a bit of hand pollination with a small artists paint brush. Tedious and time consuming, but pretty effective.
There is great satisfaction in seeing the bees return. It costs a bit to get started you will probably have $250 into getting started which will buy a bunch of honey! However they are real interesting creatures to learn about. I’ve been stung twice when I wasn’t working them. Standing around with a black tee shirt swatting the bee while it was just warning me to leave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread