What's new

New guy from Y-town, OH

Ohio Digger

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
1st time posting, probably doing so in wrong spot so I apologize ahead of time. Anyone from the Youngstown area? I've been hunting since beginning of Aug this year. I've found some nice items so far (Merc, 2 silver Rosies, handful of wheats).
 
No...to far a way here!
 
I lived in Youngstown on Benita St when I was a pup. I understand Youngstown has had it pretty rough with the economy and allot of people have moved out. I read an article about all the empty old houses being torn down because no one was moving in. Sure enough, I looked at Benita St and there was I believe one house left on it. I would start scoping out those areas. No telling how many silver dimes I dropped in the grassy spot between the sidewalk and curb waiting for the ice cream man. ;D
 
Youngstown has definitely had its rough times. They are doing a good thing though by tearing down alot of the vacant homes though. It's sad to see some of the old places fall but they haven't looked good in some time. I'd love to hunt some of the abandoned houses but not one of them is in a neighborhood I'd feel comfortable in or welcomed. That's why if I can find a buddy to atleast hunt some of these spots it might be a little better.
 
Hi Ohio Digger and welcome.

Try posting in the Ohio forum and maybe even the Pa forum for a partner. Both forums are way at the bottom of the home page for some reason. Pa. isn't too far off from you and I think there's some guys up around the Grove City area that may say hi.

Good Luck,
Al
 
Sorry I am at the other end of Ohio. Next to the Indiana and Michigan lines....Matt
 
Al you forgot me. Hubby and I have a house now in New Castle,Pa .I will be there full time in may ,11
 
PS Welcome to T-NET. YOU will love it here,
 
Hi & welcome, I am near Mercer,Pa
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom