New here, from Alaska

future

Apr 9, 2016
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Whites 6000 DI Pro, Whites GMT, Whites Surf PI Dual Field......want a Minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I'm Mike (goldpaninut) from Alaska. The wife & I recently moved to the Boise area after 45 years living the good life in Valdez, Alaska. I retired 2 years ago from running my own fishing charter business, and my wife ran a bed & breakfast. With these businesses and raising two kids, we were kept busy for a long time. It sure is different country down here! Hot! I've been using metal detectors since 1970, when my Dad & I went together and bought an old Whites Goldmaster. It wasn't too good of a machine, and it wasn't until 1982 that Whites came out with the 4000D machine that I started finding what Alaska is famous for......gold nuggets. And I found a lot of them.

Being new to the Boise area I really don't know where to go with my detector. I usually have to hunt in the shade, as working in the sun is more than I can take. I like finding coins now, but not just new ones. I love to find mercury dimes and am looking forward to the day when I can locate a silver quarter. I currently use a Whites MXT all pro and an older Whites 6000 DI Pro but very soon I would like to update to a Minelab e-trac. I would very much like to meet some people to go detecting with, as just swinging by myself is lonely and so far I've only found new change and a few rings around here. I'm a very careful detectorist and ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS leave a recovery site indistinguishable from before I arrived, and dispose of all trash I dig. Everyone who asks me for help always gets my full cooperation in trying to locate things they've lost, and I've recovered a few items already. I'm looking forward to learning more about the area and finding some detecting buddies.

Howdy from Texas!! Welcome back to the lower 48. Alaska is on my to do list. I could spend a year there, hunting, fishing, looking for gold!! I can't wait to
Visit. Man the White's machines bring back great memories with my gramps, we would beat up the old school houses and parks. He always had a couple Whites's in the trunk of Grandmas Cadillac now that I think about its been 22 years, I think I was about 10 when I started detecting with him. Sure miss him, some great time on White's for me. Can't wait to see your finds, hope you get some cooler weather you way so you can get some swinging in!

Rob

Beamed from my AT Pro [emoji769]

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Mike! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back