New Honey hole still producing LCs and first digs!

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Honey hole still producing LC's and first digs!

No time to post my finds as is the norm lately, but better late than never I suppose:dontknow:
Got back out to my new spot on Sunday and had another pretty fantastic day of hunting until the rain finally showed up.

I must have hit it pretty hard the last two hunts because it was much more quiet this time around. I decided to focus primarily on what used to be the backyard this time as I've searched it the least and I was not disappointed. The relics were few and far between but I managed to unearth some pretty great coinage including my first 2 Cent piece (1865) man, what beautiful coins these were.. and my first Shield Nickel (1867) it's not in the best shape but i'm very pleased none the less. Also dug an 1848 LC in pretty fair condition and another that was holed and no readable date to be found but I'll take it!

The dirty pic:
dirtys.jpg

After a bath:
clean2.jpg

The rest:
misc3.jpg

Any thoughts on the age of the toy gun? My knowledge is limited but it appears to be much more recent than most of my finds at this location.

Thanks for looking as always folks and HH!

Chris

Upvote 2

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd dig those coins all day long. Nice finds. Have you gotten any silver from the site? Congrats and hh.

OP
OP
B

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is an awesome hunt. The gun appears to be a more modern toy and is based on the design that has been around since the late 1800's. If it were real it would be a rusted mess more than likely. Congrats on an incredible hunt and some incredible coins.:icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread