What's new

New Jersey hadrosaur tooth

Ninjafossils

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
679
Reaction score
345
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've hunted big brook for over a decade and have not once had a confirmed piece of dinosaur. However, I think this little fragment might change that. It appears to be a broken piece of hadrosaur tooth. The edge has the serrations characteristic to its kind. My only doubt is that it may simply be a partial shell imprint. What do you think? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417758269.690591.webp ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417758283.728544.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417758292.518307.webp
Here's a hadrosaur tooth I pulled from South Dakota a few years back for comparison.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417758303.117943.webp
 
no one?!?
 
Well from what I can see, it may be a partial.
The Hadrosaur was one of the most populous and wide spread of the bipedal species.
The teeth were not all the same from species to species so it just may be just as you suspect.
Too bad it is fragmented.

Jess B.
 
cool find ! sorry I don't know more about them.
but you must have had good eyes to see it :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom