What's new

New Lincoln cent release today

cmhoose

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Just curious if anyone made the release "party" for the new lincoln cent today in IL? How was it? I was going to try to get over there, but had too much going on at work today. Anyone who did make it, if you bought the max and can spare a roll, pm me! (I'll pay a premium for your troubles, of course.)


HH
cmhoose
 
Upvote 0
Sorry I wasn't "ABE"le to get there either
 
That was pretty funny. I think I'll put a "lincoln" this post so I can read it in the future too!

But hoose - if I lived in Indiana, I would have taken the day OFF from work to GO to Illinois. The profit you would make would equal a MONTH'S wages at your job. really. have you SEEN the profits people are getting on these?? Go, buy the max, and reap the profits for weeks to come. Sorry you missed it.
 
jrf30 said:
That was pretty funny. I think I'll put a "lincoln" this post so I can read it in the future too!

But hoose - if I lived in Indiana, I would have taken the day OFF from work to GO to Illinois. The profit you would make would equal a MONTH'S wages at your job. really. have you SEEN the profits people are getting on these?? Go, buy the max, and reap the profits for weeks to come. Sorry you missed it.

Nice work all. Punny stuff. ;D

There wouldn't have been much profit to be made, I wouldn't think. The website I saw mentioned an 8 roll per person limit. I live on the east side of IN. So once you factor in gas, with only 8 rolls I prolly wouldn't have made much. I would have wanted to keep a few rolls for my collection also. But it would have been nice to have this one on opening day.

HH
cmhoose
 
There was a story circulating on the last release (rail splitters)some guy had day laborers he had picked up stand in line for him and get 8 rolls each. He cleaned up. Maybe someone can find the link.
 
some guy had day laborers he had picked up stand in line for him and get 8 rolls each.

How many day laborers can you fit into a 1972 "Lincoln" Continental? Better idea... use jockeys
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom