What's new

New permission gives silver and more 👍

PenguinDetectsCA

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2026
Messages
255
Reaction score
1,147
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
***My hunt was yesterday night and I went straight to sleep, so im posting in Todays Finds***

Today was a good day. Went to a demolished house-site; found nothing. Then, got a permission for a early 1900s home. First signal---pulled a old looking spoon. Then, pulled a button. That's when I knew I found a good spot.

By the end of the day I got 6 wheats: 1914s, 1916, 1918s, 1920, 1925, and a nice 1900s barber dime.
Also got a early 1900s safety razor part, two 1930s lipsticks, an old pen(?), a compass part(?), Southern Pacific button, Lees button, and a organ reed.
Also found a modern knife. I didn't want it so I buried it.


I cant wait to get back, because I've only detected less than half of the property.

I'll put some pictures:

1000003562.webp


1000003564.webp

1000003563.webp

1000003567.webp

1000003565.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000003564.webp
    1000003564.webp
    869.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 1000003563.webp
    1000003563.webp
    798.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Why would anyone get "freaked out" over finding a knife? I've found dozens of them over the years, so, be prepared to be freaked out many times in your life! :laughing7:
 
Why would anyone get "freaked out" over finding a knife? I've found dozens of them over the years, so, be prepared to be freaked out many times in your life! :laughing7:
It was a surface find, and, as a worried kid, I ovverreacted. Also the homeowner was on drugs.
 
Last edited:
I've found them from tiny pen knives to switch blades to stilettos to machetes. I haven't found a whole sword yet (but found a hilt for one), or a cleaver, but, just about every other type. I even found a scalpel! What I find curious is all the bullets I find. Public parks, curb strips, house sites, beaches. Are people really shooting guns there?
 
You had a great day! Too bad the demolished house didn't pan out but you saved the day getting permission at the next place!
Thank you. You could tell the demolished place had a lot of dirt shoved by bulldozers, and it was littered with aluminum tabs and cans.
 
Great hunting, you did well!
The disk with the star is a good luck piece from an old embossing/vending machine from the 40's and 50's. You could make it spell out anything you want. Here's some I've found.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1235.webp
    IMG_1235.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Great hunting, you did well!
The disk with the star is a good luck piece from an old embossing/vending machine from the 40's and 50's. You could make it spell out anything you want. Here's some I've found.
Wow, cool! I had no idea those were a thing, thanks for identifying that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom