What's new

New site: Barber silvers, crotal bell, beaut Indian, and a whatzit?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I moved on to a new site I figured on. Even in the winter it was overgrown, but I managed few keepers in the African bush. Lol.


ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865418.569871.webp

Any idea on the silver tube?

Although the site is old, I managed mostly modern keepers today. I usually prefer older, but I'll be back for site clearing and some gridding. Hopefully then I'll be able to get some older finds.

How about that Indian?!

Before my special formula topical treatment...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865575.097561.webp

After...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865621.353860.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865677.915832.webp

This IS my best IHC ever. A big shoutout to Ahab8 for a little cleaning treatment tip I learned up in Maine.


Look at the two Indians. One was on the house site, one in the field. #fertilizer
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479866681.838823.webp

Enjoy and good digs

Steve
 
Upvote 42
I like the bell because I enjoy finding them myself. Yours is in nice condition.8-)
 
Nice little hunt buddy that I'd be happy with. It's tough to have patience when cleaning coins....but if you do the results can be great. That's a real beauty man

That method worked wonders. I just needed Brad's shirt with the other "special blend" applied for the final polishing.
 
Nice going on the copper, it's too bad it wasn't the other way around all the time when it comes to the beautiful and the crusty burnt ones. Popping a few old silvers is a nice bonus for the hunt.
 
Nice collection of relics and coins! :occasion14:
 
#fertilizer made me smile.

That IHC is awesome Scrappy and Barbers too. Hopefully some colonial stuff will show up as the brambles die out.

Best of luck and happy holidays to you and the family.

Happy Holidays back at ya Tom. And to OG Smittyman.
 
That indian is in fantastic condition. Nice crotal be too-for some reason we don't find many of them in the South (I've never found one). Wonder why that is?
 
Nice finds buddy, your Indian is very pretty you should of cleaned the other one up with your topical treatment, (ha, probably just rubbed the dirt off with your fingers) (or you did it my way, licked it)

I licked it, then used Cold peroxide! Happy thanksgiving buddy
 
Always love to see a Barber, but man that IH is a real beauty! OK, give up the special formula!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom