What's new

New site: Barber silvers, crotal bell, beaut Indian, and a whatzit?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I moved on to a new site I figured on. Even in the winter it was overgrown, but I managed few keepers in the African bush. Lol.


ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865418.569871.webp

Any idea on the silver tube?

Although the site is old, I managed mostly modern keepers today. I usually prefer older, but I'll be back for site clearing and some gridding. Hopefully then I'll be able to get some older finds.

How about that Indian?!

Before my special formula topical treatment...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865575.097561.webp

After...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865621.353860.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479865677.915832.webp

This IS my best IHC ever. A big shoutout to Ahab8 for a little cleaning treatment tip I learned up in Maine.


Look at the two Indians. One was on the house site, one in the field. #fertilizer
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479866681.838823.webp

Enjoy and good digs

Steve
 
Upvote 42
tn_outstanding.gif
Super finds! Not sure what the silver tube is though...
 
Nice Indian Steve. Congrats on some nice recoveries. And what is that special formula for the Indian?
 
Sweet hunt Sir!! I see you got another Awesome Indian.
Got a question, how modern are those barbers and that Crotal bell? Lol
 
Nice digs Scrappy. That Indian was not in circulation long before being dropped. Looks like another great site due to the quality of finds.
 
GREAT Finds! :icon_thumright:
That one Indian after the cleaning is SUPER!
Special cleaning...?
Man, it looks like copper..., now!

...the OTHER Indian was found in soil that was FERTILIZED?
(sounds right - expected then)

good hunting there, friend!
 
Yessir that Indian is a beauty
 
Steve--great job on the IHC. What a stunner! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Nice little hunt buddy that I'd be happy with. It's tough to have patience when cleaning coins....but if you do the results can be great. That's a real beauty man
 
#fertilizer made me smile.

That IHC is awesome Scrappy and Barbers too. Hopefully some colonial stuff will show up as the brambles die out.

Best of luck and happy holidays to you and the family.
 
Nice finds buddy, your Indian is very pretty you should of cleaned the other one up with your topical treatment, (ha, probably just rubbed the dirt off with your fingers) (or you did it my way, licked it)
 
Great finds, looks like a youve got a nice spot to hunt. Can you post a clearer pic of the silver tube?
 
Nice finds man! Can you tell us more about the "special formula topical treatment"? That indian cleaned up really nice!
 
Nice Indian Steve. Congrats on some nice recoveries. And what is that special formula for the Indian?

Nice finds man! Can you tell us more about the "special formula topical treatment"? That indian cleaned up really nice!

Thanks guys. I made a custom blend of mild waxes that's soft enough to get in the small spots, but thick enough to protect.
 
Sweet hunt Sir!! I see you got another Awesome Indian.
Got a question, how modern are those barbers and that Crotal bell? Lol

Modern is a relative word. Lol

The bell is probably early-mid 19th century. The barbers are C. 1906/1907 ;)

Cheers buddy
 
Nice digs Scrappy. That Indian was not in circulation long before being dropped. Looks like another great site due to the quality of finds.

This site probably has a lot of goodies, but it's a real mess bro. Think about that swamp location we hit, but three times worse....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom