What's new

New site produces some nice military buttons & more!

Darby

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
812
Reaction score
885
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a great hunt today with my buddy jdsly. Hit a new site that proved to be a good one. Found the SC and A Artillery button on a quick recon trip. Then the silver gilt SC button and gold gilt "fancy" button (both pics after cleaning with aluminum jelly). Dug a small eagle cuff button, several flats and numerous other relics. Found a couple pipe stems and part of a bowl. The hook looking thing I'm not sure about but maybe a sword hanger(?). A few other pieces I have no idea on either so anyone recognize anything please let me know. Also found on the surface what looks like two, maybe ivory, buttons. Had a fun hunt today and jdsly found some nice military buttons too he'll post later. Thanks for looking and HH!



20151222_174031.webp20151224_121449-1.webp20151228_192807-1.webp20151228_192813-1.webp20151228_192855.webp20151228_192753.webp20151228_192934.webp20151228_192908.webp20151228_195006.webp20151228_192736.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
Amazing variety of buttons man
hats_off.gif


~Blaze~
 
That silver plate Young Smith SC is outstanding! The other SC and A are just as good. Looks like a great spot.

Russ
 
Excellent finds! Do believe that is a sword hanger - the two white buttons might be porceline rather than ivory. Congrats!
 
Thanks Blaze!

Thanks Russ. Yea I was surprised how much gilt was left on the one SC button. Looked good right out the dirt but I couldn't resist cleaning it since it had some gilt left. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks deepsecrets! I hoped it was a sword hanger! And porcelain does make more sense on the white buttons. Thanks for the input!
 
Awesome Buttons, the hook thingy is the hook attachment from a buckle.
 
That's a great bunch of finds! Buttons are in great shape. It looks like a sword hanger to me. Congrats

HH, Relic Nut
 
Sharp looking buttons! Love that A. Gilt looks real nice on the one. Big congrats!
 
What's the back mark on the buttons?
 
Awesome Buttons, the hook thingy is the hook attachment from a buckle.

Absolutely OUTSTANDING buttons! I'm going with Nova on the hook shaped like a "Y".
 
Absolutely OUTSTANDING buttons! I'm going with Nova on the hook shaped like a "Y".

The "y" shaped thing is a pair of "puppy paw" belt buckle hooks. Commonly found in oval belt plates like a U.S. Belt plate.
 
Those are all phenomenal!! That soil was great to those buttons. What a great site you have.
 
Thanks Nova. If it is hooks to a plate I need to find the plate!! Haven't dug one....yet. Thanks for the input.

Thanks Relicnut, detectahead, gbpackrfan, vmi, parsonwalker, bearbqd & againstthewind! Appreciate your comments and replies!

Gbpackrfan, I'll post pics of backmarks later. The A button is Superior quality, the others are home and Ican't remember exact marks.
 
The "y" shaped thing is a pair of "puppy paw" belt buckle hooks. Commonly found in oval belt plates like a U.S. Belt plate.

Correct. It would have been embedded in the lead on the back of the plate.
Love the CS buttons by the way :thumbsup:
 
Really some amazing buttons! :notworthy:
 
Incredible buttons in incredible condition! WOW.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom