What's new

New spot for me today

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,200
Reaction score
15,862
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went creek walking and took my Simplex with me. I had not yet used a detector in my west timber. By the creek, I only found can slaw. On the timber ground I found the items in the picture:
A heavy cast iron “ear”
Square nail
Plastic shotgun shell
Western Field 12ga head stamp
Misc wire pcs
Broken cast iron (cook stove cover?)
I think the head stamp has a neat color/patina.
The timber here is brushy and hard to swing. Maybe I’ll get better items eventually. 🤞
IMG_2755.webp
IMG_2756.webp
 
Yep, that looks like a cook stove cover alright. Between that and the square nail, I'd be doing some more looking...
 
You're finding stuff there so chances are you'll come across more relics and possible coins. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom