What's new

New spot on lunch break

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
10,891
Golden Thread
0
Went with my coworker and hit this spot in woods near my work. It's Friday we took an extra long lunch and hunted. Got this barrel tap? Few watches and a clip of some sort( on top left). Star button. Tons of iron. We got to clean it out a bit but will be returning next week.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1648.webp
    IMG_1648.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1650.webp
    IMG_1650.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1651.webp
    IMG_1651.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1656.webp
    IMG_1656.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 19
That site looks promising!
I may be wrong (happens way too often), but I think that may be a steam whistle valve, like from a locomotive.
And...I just found that same button yesterday at a WW2 desert army training camp! (although, yours is in much better condition)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0347.webp
    IMG_0347.webp
    356.5 KB · Views: 56
That site looks promising!
I may be wrong (happens way too often), but I think that may be a steam whistle valve, like from a locomotive.
And...I just found that same button yesterday at a WW2 desert army training camp! (although, yours is in much better condition)
Nice! Congrats on your army button too
 
Problem is I don't have any super old sites that are convenient for me on my work break. I got a few early to mid 1800s places next county over but I don't always get to them.
 
Went with my coworker and hit this spot in woods near my work. It's Friday we took an extra long lunch and hunted. Got this barrel tap? Few watches and a clip of some sort( on top left). Star button. Tons of iron. We got to clean it out a bit but will be returning next week.
Those are some fun finds. Can't think of a better way to spend a lunch break!
 
Went with my coworker and hit this spot in woods near my work. It's Friday we took an extra long lunch and hunted. Got this barrel tap? Few watches and a clip of some sort( on top cleft). Star button. Tons of iron. We got to clean it out a bit but will be returning next week.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom