New spot

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Out for a very cold afternoon hunt with a buddy. The property is a former tavern built in 1790 with the remains of a earlier tavern on property of unknown age but the town has been occupied since the 1640’s. This place has 60 acres of beautiful rolling hills overlooking the Connecticut border. I’ll post some additional pictures if I find anything else this weekend. Anyway, pulled up a KGII and a KGIII and some buttons before I got cold and needed a beer.
Happy turkey day😀

Attachments

• F1CD60E2-7CB7-42B5-AA5E-7E8EE3AF74DD.jpeg
    F1CD60E2-7CB7-42B5-AA5E-7E8EE3AF74DD.jpeg
    692.2 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 25

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
What wonderful potential in that site. I'd love to detect it or one like it.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe-Dirt,,hi Take your time here,,I think that you will find so so much history ,good luck

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!!!! Hopefully some Silver there too!!! Congrats!!!!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time on here in months. Good to see you still at it. Personal training has kept me swamped.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Dirt, I see a William III in your future from that site.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're the only guy I know that finds KGs like most of us find wheat cents :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks promising.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Dirt, I see a William III in your future from that site.
I hope I do too, I’ve found 2 KWIII this year and both were smoked, one had a “date” before I cleaned it but another would be awesome. I’m pretty sure the KGIII is counterfeit, it only rang up a 19 on my Nox

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow 2 old colonial tavern sites!? If you haven't looked for the old outhouse pits that would be my absolute #1 priority, the bottles, stoneware, knickknacks and drunkenly dropped coins in there would almost certainly blow away anything you're likely to detect, could be a goldmine waiting for you! Not knocking your nice old coins at all but the privy pits could be loaded with banner finds, I hope you try finding them!

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow 2 old colonial tavern sites!? If you haven't looked for the old outhouse pits that would be my absolute #1 priority, the bottles, stoneware, knickknacks and drunkenly dropped coins in there would almost certainly blow away anything you're likely to detect, could be a goldmine waiting for you! Not knocking your nice old coins at all but the privy pits could be loaded with banner finds, I hope you try finding them!
I agree, but the property owner would kill us.................to death. The property is a very well kept country estate with rolling hills bordered by stone walls and giant old hardwood trees that stretches around 60 acres. Even in the middle of the hayfields I’m careful with my plugs, last thing I want is to have this permission revoked. My buddy has pounded one of the fields that was consistently cut over the last few years and has pulled over 40 coppers and several big silver coins. This year all six fields are down, only drawback about the existing tavern is it’s surrounded by a fenced horse enclosure so no detecting. On the bright side, we can return as much as we want.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a beautiful property, thanks for the additional details. Maybe there would be some good old pontiled bottle dumps along or just over the stone walls but I guess that's not really viable either. I hope you find that pile of pillar dollars spilled during a 18th century drunken brawl, maybe some dropped Silver from around the ole cockfighting ring too!

Hogtown Hunter

Jan 30, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the coins. Looks like you have a promising spot. You always have great posts. Are you retired or something? You seem to get to detect 3-4 times a week. I'm just jealous cause I'm lucky to go once a week.

John Matuszak

Sep 24, 2020
Tennessee, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a very cold afternoon hunt with a buddy. The property is a former tavern built in 1790 with the remains of a earlier tavern on property of unknown age but the town has been occupied since the 1640’s. This place has 60 acres of beautiful rolling hills overlooking the Connecticut border. I’ll post some additional pictures if I find anything else this weekend. Anyway, pulled up a KGII and a KGIII and some buttons before I got cold and needed a beer.
Happy turkey day��

Oh man, ancient taverns must make awesome places to scan around. All those drunken pioneers fumbling around with their coins after getting drunk by lamplight ... I bet people will be finding money I lost after drinking 350 years from now.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man, ancient taverns must make awesome places to scan around. All those drunken pioneers fumbling around with their coins after getting drunk by lamplight ... I bet people will be finding money I lost after drinking 350 years from now.
Kellyco, hmmmmmmm I bought my equinox from you (;

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Joe! 60 acres huh? I expect MANY more posts like this from that place- Happy Turkey day and GL!

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds Joe! 60 acres huh? I expect MANY more posts like this from that place- Happy Turkey day and GL!
You too Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest: