What's new

New Symrna Beach - Total Bust

FLauthor

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
775
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got there at 8 am and found out there was a Marathon Race going on. Had to approach Flagler Avenue Beach from the south. The surf was really rough as the photos show. Appeared the beach was cut some as there was a noticable slope down toward the water's edge. Started hunting in the W grid and walked south. After an hour and a half, nothing, not even a pull tab. ??? I'm sure there was finds to be made in the dry sand but the good finds are in the wet sand.
I packed up and drove down to the 27th Avenue Beach and spent another hour and a half with the same results. ??? There were no other detectorists on the beach so I concluded the heavy surf did a reverse and pull everything out into the heavy surf.
It was a beautiful day and I got some exercise and met a few curious tourists. It was a Surfer's Paradise with those big waves. Even when I fish, I sometimes get skunked.
Hope others had better luck. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-912S.webp
    MVC-912S.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 412
  • MVC-913S.webp
    MVC-913S.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0
You might have been a day too early. Try again tomorrow. The gold is there. Your mission is to find it... HH, Ralph
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom