What's new

A little more gold hiding in the lead..

Slimpickuns

Full Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
381
Golden Thread
1
Location
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil, Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a few hot spots a few days ago for a low tide wet sand night hunt just to see if a slight bump in swell/surf did anything to stir up a few more targets. First spot had a few bits of lead and light junk but nothing to keep me interested for very long like it did a few weeks ago, so moved down the beach and tried another hot spot and right off the bat starting hitting multiple old lead fishing weights and bullets. Worked the wet slope hard for about 5 hours running the AQ mostly in All-Metal since there wasn't that much clad like a few weeks ago. Managed to pull out three small 14k rings around the mid-slope area, where a lot of small lead bullets were hanging out. These little lead bastards drove me nuts trying to find them, being very small and blending in perfectly with the surrounding sand due to their light brown tan patina.

So here are the totals:

14k - 3 rings - 5.5 grams
925 - 2 rings, 1 stud ear ring - 5.2 grams
Fishing/Bullet Lead - 2 lbs 12.1 oz

Thanks for lookin!
1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp
5.webp
6.webp
7.webp
 
Upvote 0
Look at all that lead!! Congrads on the follow up gold too!!
 
Congrats on Gold and silver. Given all the lead and junk targets, you earned it! Yea, and I just hate that small lead that falls through the scoop esp in the water.
 
Keep rolling you’re killing it congratulations and thanks for posting! love seeing the yellow!!🏴‍☠️
Curious, I was wondering how many battery packs you have I’m looking to pick up an extra one for the AQ?!
 
Last edited:
That's a lot of bullets......just what were they doing on that beach? 🤔:laughing7:
 
That's a lot of bullets......just what were they doing on that beach? 🤔:laughing7:
Instead of the old saying of 'Bullets bites the dust' it is now 'Bullets bites the water'.......... :laughing7: 💥:tongue3::tongue3:
 
Congratulations on the gold and silver. Plentiful targets I see.
Thanks Pepperj!
Nice hauls !! .. .. .. .. :headbang:
Thanks Angelito1! :occasion14:
Look at all that lead!! Congrads on the follow up gold too!!
Thanks Joe!
Congrats on Gold and silver. Given all the lead and junk targets, you earned it! Yea, and I just hate that small lead that falls through the scoop esp in the water.
Thanks LawrencetheMder! Cant imagine the nightmare it would have been trying to dig these out in the water..:BangHead:
Keep rolling you’re killing it congratulations and thanks for posting! love seeing the yellow!!🏴‍☠️
Curious, I was wondering how many battery packs you have I’m looking to pick up an extra one for the AQ?!
Thanks Surfnturf! I bought 1 of OBN's big battery packs for my AQ back in 2020 when he was selling them and its still going strong. I believe its an 8 hour pack if I remember correctly..
I'm thinking I might try and make my own someday soon thanks to OBN's excellent DIY write-up he did.

OBN Big Battery.webp

That's a lot of bullets......just what were they doing on that beach? 🤔:laughing7:
Yea no kiddin huh? Maybe shooting fish in a barrel? :laughing7:
Instead of the old saying of 'Bullets bites the dust' it is now 'Bullets bites the water'.......... :laughing7: 💥:tongue3::tongue3:
:laughing7:
 
Thanks Pepperj!

Thanks Angelito1! :occasion14:

Thanks Joe!

Thanks LawrencetheMder! Cant imagine the nightmare it would have been trying to dig these out in the water..:BangHead:

Thanks Surfnturf! I bought 1 of OBN's big battery packs for my AQ back in 2020 when he was selling them and its still going strong. I believe its an 8 hour pack if I remember correctly..
I'm thinking I might try and make my own someday soon thanks to OBN's excellent DIY write-up he did.

View attachment 2258148

Yea no kiddin huh? Maybe shooting fish in a barrel? :laughing7:

:laughing7:
Yes, Sir I'm going to make some batteries with OBN's excellent photo and write up on how to make. I'm going to have to save some first before pulling the triger.
Glad to see you out getting some good finds with the AQ. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Surfnturf! I bought 1 of OBN's big battery packs for my AQ back in 2020 when he was selling them and its still going strong. I believe its an 8 hour pack if I remember correctly..
I'm thinking I might try and make my own someday soon thanks to OBN's excellent DIY write-up he did.
Yeah buddy, Joe/OBN's Big Battery Pod is the sh*t! Joe helped me acquire a Dual Field PI that he previously owned & modded, then graciously came out of retirement for me (1x only basis) to make me a Big (Excal) battery pod, which fits perfectly under my Anderson straight shaft. For those of us running waterproof detectors, that Big battery pod is a life saver. First, it not only gives me much longer run times, but the second, more important and BIGGEST benefit to me is the HUGE amount of time it saves to recharge batteries. Only takes me seconds to hook the charger directly to the battery pod, so I don't have to remove the DF's top lid.

And as we all know, when you remove that sealed lid, you break the waterproof seal. But with Joe's Big battery pod, there's no need to remove the lid, so no worries about breaking the waterproof seal, then taking time to inspect and/or clean every inch of the O-ring to make sure there's no grains of sand or dirt, then carefully try to re-seat the O-ring properly. Removing that lid is just asking for a leak, lol. So, with Joe's external battery pod, the lid stays on and the waterproof seal stays tight.

1782680840436.webp
 
P
Yes, Sir I'm going to make some batteries with OBN's excellent photo and write up on how to make. I'm going to have to save some first before pulling the triger.
Glad to see you out getting some good finds with the AQ. :thumbsup:
oooobbbbbN!!! well I want one. Could you show me that thread on that post he set up! please!
Joe, you might want to change your name to Obi-Wan Detector oldie!!!😂😭🤩😇🙏🏻🏴‍☠️🤪🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎🪎💛
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom