What's new

New the forum but here is a question/idea

Beeps in my sleep

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
784
Reaction score
1,087
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the forum but not a newbie to the site nor detecting. My question is do we or this forum have a day Set for National Metal Detecting day? If not I think we should! Any takers? Since I am new here I have no say but I bet the mods could create one ;)
 
Hey welcome to the forums, and I think that is a great idea, just about everything else has a national day, heck even lowly groundhogs have their own day, so should we! Unite!, We the people of The Great and Mighty United States of America, demand as law abiding ( for the most part ) and tax paying citizens, Should on that day, be able to hunt for treasures on ALL National lands..excluding of course burial grounds and such.
Why should the archaeologists get to be the only ones to dig up treasures from our past.
And they do not do very much excavating, so in the meantime all of our National heritage items are laying there buried, and rusting and or corroding away into nothingness, all in the name of preservation!
I am going to call my congressman first thing monday morning, and ask politely that he bring it up for a vote.
Rise up and Persevere..We can do it!.

Mike
 
How fun would that be having a national detecting day!? New and old dectectorists have a holiday and can post all their findings on that day! Considering the number of members here, that could be an epic day of posts of finds!! I say we need one! Mods... If you are listening... Why not? It would be a Holiday for this forum and this forum only! We could have our own holiday!! :)
 
there already is a "National Metal Detecting day" I think it translates to the 3rd. Saturday in May. which would mean May 17 2014 will probably be the next
"National Metal Detecting day".

I would think starting a different "National Metal Detecting day" would trivialize
it, and next thing you know everyone has there own "National Metal Detecting day"
making every day "National Metal Detecting day" :tongue3:

I don't know how it's done but since Minelab started it, perhaps Minelab should find out how to make it official if it is not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=+"N...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
 
Last edited:
I can't speak for the others, but everyday is metal detecting day as far as I am concerned!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom