What's new

new to metal detecting

arednecklady

Greenie
Joined
Sep 27, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Just started metal detecting and am loving it! I have a Garrett 250 and am learning to understand my beeps and blips..We have found alot of cans,tabs and junk but have also found a minni ball, an 1856 half dime and a mourning charm..I live in Anson County NC.. We are going to Wilminton NC on Monday to hunt for the day..I am looking forward to it..Anyone know of some good places to go..Thanks!
 
arednecklady,I love your screenname,you drive a pickup too?Anyway,Best of hunting to you,do your RESEARCH,welcome to the addiction!!!!!!!!!GodBless HH Chris
 
lol..Thank you~~Ive used it for years~and yes..I have a Ford F250~~looking forward to l
earning from you folks!
 
welcome to tnet :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
:hello: Welcome from The NC mountains. Wilmington has a lot of rich old history. I suggest getting around the old district, and knocking on some doors. You'll see people are really receptive around these parts. Good Luck!
 
Welcome to the Tnet "fun house"! You will learn much here. You will also read some BS. You look old enough to distinquish between the two. Where to hunt in NC? You have GOBS of places. Wilmington? Can you get to the beaches? NC has a long history. Check with locals. Again... welcome. TTC
 
:hello2:
Welcome From Brazil. Welcome to the TNET. Good luck in your hunt. good fun.
:icon_thumleft:
 
I, too, am new to detecting, got an awesome detector in august for my bday, and am feeling frustrated...haven't found anything yet! I'm in NJ, an urban area just outside NYC...tons of history here, of course, but too much development and too many people...looking forward to an hour's drive where I can maybe find something!!!
 
Detector mom said:
I, too, am new to detecting, got an awesome detector in august for my bday, and am feeling frustrated...haven't found anything yet! I'm in NJ, an urban area just outside NYC...tons of history here, of course, but too much development and too many people...looking forward to an hour's drive where I can maybe find something!!!
Hey Mom! (sorry) LOTS of places near NYC to try. Along the Hudson, maybe? I will just say that I moved my sailboat from Milwaukee to the Chesapeake in '91. Erie Canal to the Hudson. I stopped at Castleton-On-Hudson to put the mast back up. John did it... with a hand crane. He reportedly way 98 at the time! We crossed the tracks and ate at the local café. On the wall was a Warren Spahn, autographed pic from his rookie year.... and a Milwaukee Braves '57 pennant. WOW! The café was replete with leather swivel stools. Time was standing still in C-O-H! Like Brigadoon! Ok, the town is 131 miles from the GW, but... what the hey! I had to suggest it only to say there are MANY places along the Hudson that should be good places to look. Don't give up! (ok, enough prep rally) Now go out and get some! TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom