New to the Forum, from IA

conceptmachine

Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasure Hunters!

Hope all of you are enjoying the winter?! This will be going on my 3rd year of detecting. My brother which is a long time metal detectorist got me into the hobby. Actually he gave up on the hobby all thru the 90's and 2000's and after my Uncle passed that year (which detected since the 60's) I suddenly got the interest in it, and then bought a detector (VX3). After trying it and liking it I bought a V3i for me and my Brother (i owed him from days past (and owe him more)). We since then have accumulated many finds and have had a blast, not to mention it keeps us active. We have become very confident with the V3i, its one heck of a machine! Though I am confident in it, I still wanted a waterproof detector. And so, I decided on a CTX3030. I suppose I'm going to have to learn this one inside out. I found it took about a year + to learn what the V3i was telling me with very good accuracy. This new machine I suppose will take close to the same. I wanted to thank you all for the welcome to the site and hope to know many great people.

Take care and Happy Hunting!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Jim, from the Great Lakes state! :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Iowa for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
conceptmachine

conceptmachine

Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy and River Rat! Happy New Year

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread