New to the Game

Silver_Surfer

Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all im new to the game of coin roll hunting and have been doing it for about 2 months now. All i can say is why the heck didnt i start sooner!!! I get to drive around a lot for work so i come across many banks each day. Banks really are giving away free money the hardest part is finding it. So far my finds have been 5 90% half dollars and 41 40% half dollars. So far i've never gone a week without finding any silver and I'm trying to keep up the trend. Today was a bad day as i got skunked from 4 banks. Its only monday though so we'll see what the week brings me.. Just some added info all my finds have been by just calling the banks and taking what they have...i have only done about 4 boxes so far all of which i was skunked. Ill be sure to post my findings daily.

OP
OP
Silver_Surfer

Silver_Surfer

Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so my trend continues on with my biggest find since I stared hunting.. Ok here's the situation I wasn't planning on hunting today but I ended up waiting by two banks across from each other while my buddy was in the post office. I was like what the heck let me just call and see what they have.. 1st bank had only one $10 customer roll halves and the other bank had $57.00 worth of halves. 1st bank I was in and out in two seconds. I just gave her a ten and she gave me the roll. I didn't look at it right away as I was walking to the next bank. Well after waiting about 15min in line (well worth the wait) the teller said "hello sir I am the one who has the halves just give me one second" she then proceeds to pull out a zip lock bag full of halves and I almost fainted when I saw all this silver staring me in the face... She looked confused and asked me what I do with these.. Just told her I collect coins and left it at that. I got scared as she was pulling them out one by one and it looked like she was separating the silver. She was like these look funny !! lol Anyway long story short out of the $57 dollars $13 where 40% ..26 coins ...oh and the other bank that had $10 I found 1 more 40% ...27 40% total !!! Its a good day :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Silver_Surfer

Silver_Surfer

Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0152.jpg IMG_0153.jpg
Ok so my trend continues on with my biggest find since I stared hunting.. Ok here's the situation I wasn't planning on hunting today but I ended up waiting by two banks across from each other while my buddy was in the post office. I was like what the heck let me just call and see what they have.. 1st bank had only one $10 customer roll halves and the other bank had $57.00 worth of halves. 1st bank I was in and out in two seconds. I just gave her a ten and she gave me the roll. I didn't look at it right away as I was walking to the next bank. Well after waiting about 15min in line (well worth the wait) the teller said "hello sir I am the one who has the halves just give me one second" she then proceeds to pull out a zip lock bag full of halves and I almost fainted when I saw all this silver staring me in the face... She looked confused and asked me what I do with these.. Just told her I collect coins and left it at that. I got scared as she was pulling them out one by one and it looked like she was separating the silver. She was like these look funny !! lol Anyway long story short out of the $57 dollars $13 where 40% ..26 coins ...oh and the other bank that had $10 I found 1 more 40% ...27 40% total !!! Its a good day :icon_thumright:

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That my boy. Learning from the best. We are taking over the state of nj. Tomorrow we go poaching timzims area.

munkirinch

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I got scared as she was pulling them out one by one and it looked like she was separating the silver."

-lulz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread