All Treasure Hunting

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Parks, fields (where the grass isn't high), beaches (depending on the detector you have, you might only be able to hunt dry sand)...welcome to the site! Happy hunting!

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first thing you should do is buy a pin pointer , is use the Garrett carrot, if I forget it I will get back in my car and go home. I put off buying a pin pointer for years, boy did I mess up. They save so much time and aggravation. The more holes you are able to dig in a certain amount of time the better your chances of finding the treasure. The second thing you should do is buy a pin pointer, I use the Garrett carrot, it is water proof and awesome.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome. If you are constantly in roam mode this hobby will be a great way for you to dig different items as you travel. That's awesome. Get cozy with your machine digging clad and soda cans at the parks and sports fields. Once you're up to speed you'll be able to make an educated guess as to what you're about to dig. When you predict a clad quarter and one pops out of the hole it's a great feeling. You can graduate to permissions...old homes (Google them and you can find the build year 9 times out of 10) and farm fields produce great stuff with the right research. Many farmers will welcome you to hunt their fields, homeowners might be a tougher conversation especially during the pandemic but that won't last forever. MAKE SURE THAT UNLESS YOU'RE ON PUBLIC PROPERTY THAT YOU SEEK AND GAIN PERMISSION. As you roam from state to state a quick Google search will help you find any regulations on the hobby in that particular state. Ask questions here and do your research. You'll be addicted soon so brace yourself.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to treasurenet from SoCal. !!
Although your MD may be set to just get out there and hunt, my suggestion is to first read the OM and know it well since people do get frustrated and quit the hobby when the MD doesn't act right -due to failure to not having thoroughly read the OM.
Good luck and HH.
Don........

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

OP
OP
M

Mobilehunter

Feb 1, 2021
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pro X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the nice welcome and suggestions. I still haven’t had a chance to use my detector as of yet. I have a bounty hunter pro x package I bought at bass pro shops. It came with a detector, case, head phones, and pinpointer. My current location is east of Nashville Tn for a couple more weeks, then moving north central Arkansas.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! :hello:
Nick

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread