New to the whole thing

Nevada

Oct 20, 2006
Carson City
Detector(s) used
BH 3300
Western Nevada, Just beginning

I kinda got interested into MD while on a recent Elk hunt, here in Nevada. Found a Silver coin purse partially exposed from the ground. There wasn't any of the cloth left, but it got me thinking, so I dug around for a bit, by hand No Luck. So when I got back home I did a lot of research on the area and was pleasantly surprised to what I was reading.

Bought a BH3300. I'm going to get a feel for it at home before running off to the other find. I don't want to try and learn in an area that I know will produce for me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada said:
Western Nevada, Just beginning

I kinda got interested into MD while on a recent Elk hunt, here in Nevada. Found a Silver coin purse partially exposed from the ground. There wasn't any of the cloth left, but it got me thinking, so I dug around for a bit, by hand No Luck. So when I got back home I did a lot of research on the area and was pleasantly surprised to what I was reading.

Bought a BH3300. I'm going to get a feel for it at home before running off to the other find. I don't want to try and learn in an area that I know will produce for me.
Welcome to the tnet forum.The Discovery 3300 is an easy machine to learn.It shouldn't tale you an hour to get a basic handle on it.I wish you luck and let us know what you find out there.Sounds interesting,i'd like to know of there is any coins (or anything else)lying nearby where the coinpurse was found.Keep us posted.PS- if you have any questions or problems with the 3300,go to the BH section and read some of the posts concerning this particular machine.Or post your problem or question and me or someone on here will be glad to help you out. :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ive heard some good things about the 3300. i hope you do great with it! if you find stuff, dont forget to tell us about it! ;)

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nevada and welcome. I have a 3300 myself. Fine machine. I like it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Nice find on the coin purse.

Laater...

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum and hobby Nevada. That sounds like a great plan you have. You get to learn your machine plus after a few days of digging holes you will begin to get better and better at the holes. Once you fell comfortable with the holes and a bit with the detector I would go to some schoolgrounds etc. and get a little familiar with trasy areas with good coin potential.

Best of luck,

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread