- #1
Thread Owner
New to to hobby looking for a couple of idea's.
Hey all, new poster here... I have been metal detecting for the past year or so, but because of being busy all the time and not knowing where to go around here, I have only been out detecting about 6 or 7 times. I live in St Charles County and could really use a tip or two on where I could go around here. I have been dying to find something that I could officially start my "collection" with, but have not found anything of any interest. I believe the oldest coin to date that I've found is 1975, no jewelery, no nothing. Looking for a few cool finds to boost my interest and keep the fire burning. I have read up some on the treasuenet website and realize that many of the metal detectors find spots to detect and ask permission to hunt them. I can't really see myself doing this, dunno if I'm just shy or what. Any information on this subject is appreciated!!
Dominic
Hey all, new poster here... I have been metal detecting for the past year or so, but because of being busy all the time and not knowing where to go around here, I have only been out detecting about 6 or 7 times. I live in St Charles County and could really use a tip or two on where I could go around here. I have been dying to find something that I could officially start my "collection" with, but have not found anything of any interest. I believe the oldest coin to date that I've found is 1975, no jewelery, no nothing. Looking for a few cool finds to boost my interest and keep the fire burning. I have read up some on the treasuenet website and realize that many of the metal detectors find spots to detect and ask permission to hunt them. I can't really see myself doing this, dunno if I'm just shy or what. Any information on this subject is appreciated!!
Dominic
There are things out there of worth finding. But if you don't hunt they are not going to just hop up into your hand. 







