What's new

New to Treasure Hunting

d3t3ctr0n

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
288
Reaction score
339
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to Metal Detecting and I'd like some tips on where are good, reliable places to find coins. I started off at a playground and park and did manage to find 1.83 in coins (20 coins in all). Thank you in advance!

D3T3CTR0N
 
welcome,
i do not have the years of experience alot of these ppl do , but your off to a good start , do play grounds , ball fields , soccer parks sand pits to get a good feel for the machine, then try your yard families yards , ask neighbors . start looking for old houses in your area and ask permission. one main thing to remember is always fill your hole you dig and always ask permission so you do not make a bad name for yourself or others .
 
Thanks Mica66. Yeah, my cousin has some experience and he said the same thing. Hit the places people frequent. I guess that is why I found so many coins those first 2 days, which I am grateful for. I am sure you know the excitement when you find a coin, even if it is a penny there is an exhileration, a rush that you feel in your chest. I am sure that someday, if I persist in metal detecting, I will find something really great and the world will hear me yell! LOL!
 
I appreciate any and all advice from members! Thanks!
 
Are you looking for old or new coins? Old coins...you'll have to research sites. New coins...Parks, Schools, Fair Grounds, fishing spots, ball fields, along side walks, etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom