🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a used spectra v3 with the v3i upgrade off craigslist for an amazing price and decided to test it out at my buddies house. His house is a really old colonial farm that ive found a few good things at before. A 1912 (bent) barber quarter, some mercs and a pre rev war british farthing are among the few good things pulled from the iron in the past. Today i dug a whole bunch of deep nails and deep iron along with a 1917 buffalo nickel at about 10 inches and........a 18k gold ring! Im pretty sure this ring will justify the v3 purchase completely.

On another note i like the v3i (v3 with v3i upgrade). My next stop is a permission with a good amount of emi so i can practice changing the right settings to make the emi go away and keep the awesome depth of the v3i. After that im going back to all the other permissions that have givin up goodies to check for what ive missed! I upgraded from the mxt pro with a v rated 13" detech ultimate coil. I tried the ultimate on the v3i and i think its way to big to be sorting through all the iron at this site. Cant wait to try it on a farm field though. I switched over to the D2 and i found the seperation to be better. Next time ill try my 4x6. Bottom line though: i am happy with my recent purchase of the v3i!

Happy hunting everyone!

IMG_8995.JPG

Upvote 21
Just look at that ring shine! Congrats. ~Lisa & John

Nice! My first (and only) gold was an 18k beauty, definitely worth the wait...congrats...ddf

THATS AN OLD 18K TOO :icon_thumright:
8.gif

Thanks everyone! Aside from it being at 8 inches... is there anything that makes you think its old, casper?

Im still trying to figure out what the star represents

That ring is a beauty.

Sweet ring!!

Gz on some fine gold! Sounds like the machine is a keeper!

Nice save on the old gold...........the hallmark is old...(star with 18k, with a border and raised Marks) my guess early 1900's, just about the same era as the coins you found.

Several jewelers used the star as a Hallmark/Makers Mark, sometimes with a letter in front of the star.

OBN0007.jpg

1444159146485.jpg

Nice save on the old gold...........the hallmark is old...(star with 18k, with a border and raised Marks) my guess early 1900's, just about the same era as the coins you found.

Several jewelers used the star as a Hallmark/Makers Mark, sometimes with a letter in front of the star.

View attachment 1380712

View attachment 1380713

Thanks OBN! The property has been used as a farm since my town was settled in the 1600s. The original farm house was moved down the road and the new one was built in the late 1800s early 1900s. The ring was within the five feet between the rear of the house and a huge old tree. Thanks for all the support and likes!

Nice GOLD find! :occasion14:

The V3i is a very cool machine, you can do a lot with it in the field.

I was having emi problems the other day and shifted frequencies +3! All good! I moved up from an mxt (which im keeping) but it prevented me from hitting depth in a few places due to emi. So far i havent had a problem. After setting up the detector to work the way i want it to, its all just ground balance and emi reduction. Its a lot easier then i thought it would be.

nice ring...thats my next detector the v3i i cant wait if all goes good ill have it next year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back