What's new

New X Terra 705 Owner! And a question

Nashvegas

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my new XT 705 today and am thrilled. I've already ready Randy's guide which was very helpful. One quick question. Should I always just keep Tracking Ground Balance on, and if so, do I need to Auto Ground Balance when I turn the detector on? Or is it better to not use tracking ground balance and just auto balance it every 10 minutes or so? Thanks
 
I manual ground balance when I start on the property and watch my suggested sensitivity setting on the ctx and if it drops while detecting I know the ground is highly mineralized and i'll GB it again. Don't know about the 705 though.
 
Congrats on thev705, I know they aren't "top of the line", but I really enjoy mine.

As for ground balance, I'm no expert, but I split the difference - I auto ground balance when I first arrive at a site, then turn on the tracking. The thing to remember is to turn off the tracking if you are "x-ing" a target to decide whether or not to dig - if you do it with tracking on, you might accidentally "ground balance out" that target
 
Thanks guys. Having fun with this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom