Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Hope you are all having a great 2009, I know I sure am. I have been hunting every day so far. On the 1st I managed a 1952 D rosie. That was a great first keeper for the new year. Then on the 2nd I hunted with Detectingfreak and got to see him get his first merc. That day I only managed 4 wheats with the oldest being 1927. Still any wheat is a keeper in my book. Then we get to today. I hit the yard across the street from me. I have been systematically removing trash from this yard to try and get the better signals without overloading every 2 feet. It seems to be working although time consuming. First keeper today was the 1944 India 1 pice coin charm. Then I was working a part of the yard that everyone has always parked on. It has eroded a lot over the years and is mostly gravel and dense soil. Thats where I got the 1908s barber dime. Not very deep but packed in the tough soil tightly. Then I got the 1936 canadian cent. So not a bad day at all. Only 3 days into the new year and I have managed keepers all 3 days. Detectingfreak is headin my way in the mornin, so should be another great day. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• RSCN1050.JPG
    RSCN1050.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 511
  • RSCN1049.JPG
    RSCN1049.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN1043.JPG
    DSCN1043.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 498
  • RSCN1044.JPG
    RSCN1044.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 504
  • RSCN1047.JPG
    RSCN1047.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 495
  • DSCN1051.JPG
    DSCN1051.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HomesteadHunter said:
Nice finds for sure, the barber is always a nice sight in the hole. Regarding your 1936 penny, try and clean it up the best you can and see if you have the "dot" variety. Just below the date, their will be a small dot. They are rare and valuable, so check it out......you never know!.

James.
HomesteadHunter
I just double checked and its a 36 plain. Thanks for the heads up though. It was one I needed in my book though so bonus there.
JuJu

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
juju said:
Next big site I get, I will give ya a holler. Youre welcome to hit it with Detecting freak and I. I have a couple in the works.

JuJu

I'm game! But I'm sure you just got dowsed with a bunch of snow tonight just as we did, so it looks like we'll have to get past this stuff first. At least 3 more new inches of snow came tonight. Tried getting out to church, made it 15 miles before I had to turn back in my Yaris. The last 3/4 miles home was the worst, slippin' and slidin'. Almost didn't make it to the house, LOL.

Ray

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray in WA said:
juju said:
Next big site I get, I will give ya a holler. Youre welcome to hit it with Detecting freak and I. I have a couple in the works.

JuJu

I'm game! But I'm sure you just got dowsed with a bunch of snow tonight just as we did, so it looks like we'll have to get past this stuff first. At least 3 more new inches of snow came tonight. Tried getting out to church, made it 15 miles before I had to turn back in my Yaris. The last 3/4 miles home was the worst, slippin' and slidin'. Almost didn't make it to the house, LOL.

Ray
Ya its comin down steady here. At least we didn't get it during todays hunt.
Stay warm.
JuJu

10.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread