What's new

New Years Resolution?

chirper97

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
486
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Year's Resolution?

My 2009 resolutions include having my metal detector, digger tool, gloves, and goodie apron in my car, not the closet. :thumbsup:

How many times have I passed a great site, only to procrastinate/forget by the time I get home. :icon_scratch:
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

good luck, and lock your doors, I've heard of many detectors getting stolen out of a car, i to have to get out more than i did last summer
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

Thompy said:
good luck, and lock your doors, I've heard of many detectors getting stolen out of a car, i to have to get out more than i did last summer

Sounds like a good resolution for all of us!

I drive an 11+ yr. old car, and make it a point to cover valuables with an old blanket or jacket, but I know Murphy was an optimist. The alternative is to keep my Fisher 6A in the closet and miss a lot of good hunting.
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

chirper97 said:
Thompy said:
good luck, and lock your doors, I've heard of many detectors getting stolen out of a car, i to have to get out more than i did last summer

Sounds like a good resolution for all of us!

I drive an 11+ yr. old car, and make it a point to cover valuables with an old blanket or jacket, but I know Murphy was an optimist. The alternative is to keep my Fisher 6A in the closet and miss a lot of good hunting.
Hey you sound just like me, My Metal detector is worth about 3 times more than the car I drive back and forth to work. My plan is that anyone looking at my car knows there can't be anything inside thats worth a dime!
Panelman
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

Be smart and keep it out of sight :o Thieves will take it in a flash ::)
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

I work in one of the worst cities in New Jersey but I keep my detector in the car. It is always covered and when I'm out detecting I always lie about how much it costs when a stranger asks. I don't like lying but as of last night there were already two murders in the city this year so some people would not think twice about smashing a window or smashing me if they knew I was carrying over a grand worth of equipment.

With that being said I've made some of my best finds in this city. I think the fact that it has such a bad reputation it keeps most detectorist out. I love going out at lunch time on a nice day and making a suprise find. It just makes the day better and I think it actually makes me more productive at work.

I'm just getting caught up on reading T-Net posts for the last couple of days and I just made my own new years resolution which is to keep a metal detecting log. I was reading a post where the person was stating that this was the best start of a year for them and was giving detail reasons why. I can tell you where I found most of my keepers and even show you the general area but not like some people can here on t-net. I currently get good feels for areas but with more accurate records I will be able to figure out where my time is best spent.

So log book here I come...

NJ
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

I usually keep an older detector without much value in my car, like my old Whites Coinmaster 2/D TR unit. I am always ready to take advantage of targets of opportunity, without taking the risk of loosing a more expensive machine.
 
Re: New Year's Resolution?

Slingshot said:
I usually keep an older detector without much value in my car, like my old Whites Coinmaster 2/D TR unit. I am always ready to take advantage of targets of opportunity, without taking the risk of loosing a more expensive machine.

Great idea!

I have a habit of adding electrical tape (appearance of broken wires) and marking up my equipment and power cords, including radar detector, gps, and detectors.

Every little bit of stealth helps!

As I arrive at the last third of my life, I have concluded that we should USE our 'goodies' and take more chances at breaking/losing them, INSTEAD of over-protecting equipment that ends up at an estate sale upon our demise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom